Titanfall: Expedition Announced for May Release
Written Sunday, April 13, 2014 By Alan PettitView author's profile
Earlier today at PAX East, Respawn Entertainment lifted the veil on the first piece of content for Titanfall's Season Pass. Entitled "Expedition," the first map pack will add three new maps to the Frontier.
- Swamplands: Lots of trees, unpredictable wallrunning patterns, and “zipvines."
- Runoff: Lot of pipes and water.
- Wargames: Based on the Tron-like training simulator at the beginning of the game.
"In the wake of the Battle of Demeter, IMC Expeditionary Forces travel deep into Frontier space to recover from their recent defeat. On an uncharted world, the IMC begin construction of a new fleet operations base, using newly acquired water collection and filtration plants to support the new base. When drainage operations reveal ancient ruins and artifacts of an unknown origin in a nearby swamp, Spyglass activates an archaeological team to investigate the site. To maintain battle readiness at the new base, IMC Pilots use simulation pods to train for anticipated Militia raids, based on lessons learned in Angel City and IMC Airbase Sierra."
In addition, Respawn announced a few more bits of their planned free DLC:
- Decals and personal markings for Titans.
- New Burn Cards.
- New Game Mode: Wingman 2v2 Last Titan Standing.
- Social Hashtags: Input a hashtag of your choosing to get matched up with people of similar tastes. "#XBA" for instance will pair you with members of the site more often. Respawn clarified this is not intended for boosting, and will not put someone with the same hashtag on an opposing team.
Expedition is the first of three paid content packs, due in May for $9.99. The Titanfall Season Pass is available now for a one-time price of $24.99 on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.