Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Dated and Priced
Written Thursday, June 19, 2014 By Lee BradleyView author's profile
DrinkBox Studios has revealed the release date and price for Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition. The Mexican metroidvania-lite title is out from July 2nd for £11.99 / €13.99 / $14.99, for Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Guacamelee! tells the story of Juan, a luchador wrestler who must save El Presidente's daughter by exploring, platforming, beating the crap out of stuff and gaining new abilities. It’s fun! And the Super Turbo Championship Edition comes with a whole bunch of extra bits and bobs.
Among the bonus content is an expanded story, a new boss, new enemies, abilities and more. You can find all the details below, courtesy of DrinkBox Studios.
Super Turbo Championship Edition features
- Expanded Story - An expanded version of the game that includes new content and all DLC from the original
- New Game Areas - Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss - Face off against the deadly Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, who helps the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities - Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode and dish out scrambled pain with powerful Chicken Bombs. Plus, swap dimensions independently in co-op play using the new Shadow Swap ability.
- New Enemies - Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks