10 More Verified Jobs Come to Grand Theft Auto Online
Written Thursday, June 26, 2014 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Rockstar has announced that another selection of 10 verified jobs are now available to play in Grand Theft Auto Online, including the likes of 'Hipster Rage', 'Drift Paradise' and 'Sonuva' Beach', which offer new races, deathmatches and capture jobs to take part in.
You'll find a bunch that also make use of GTA Online's latest Hipster Update, which released earlier this month. You can check out the full details on each of the 10 new Rockstar verified jobs below.
- Holy Drift Mountain - created by Heavy Magic - This Lap Race for Sports cars takes us along a picturesque route from downtown Vinewood, through Vinewood Hills and back again. Ambient traffic is disabled by default so that you can really carve up the winding, high speed corners in search of perfect lines - just don't get too distracted by the stunning view on the way down. Before getting Verified, Holy Drift Mountain had been played nearly 6,000 times and its popularity is entirely justified.
- Far Out LOOP - created by Pakelikea - This technical road Race twists around the vineyards of Grapeseed and has Supercars as its default class. Several tight turns and hazards such as farm equipment and drainage ditches create plenty of opportunities to tangle with the opposition, and a looping section maximizes the chances for collisions as the pack spreads out. A great spectacle, don't be surprised to see this one in our live streamed Crew Battles soon.
- The Maze Bank Fight - created by N7 - Devestator - A Contend Capture of epic proportions, this Job sees two teams battle it out in Buzzards over a single Capture Object on top of the Maze Bank Tower. As if that weren't a tall order in itself, RPG wielding goons on the helipad won’t make it any easier. Once players have collected the package, they can either get back in their helicopter and fly back to their base, or parachute off and race back at ground level.
- Hipster Happy Hour - created by Foghat1977 - A shining example of quality over quantity, Hipster Happy Hour is only the second Job Foghat1977 has published, but this exciting Sports Race through Downtown and Vinewood shows considerable talent. Bearing some similarity to the popular Rockstar Created Race “Downtown Underground”, it works well with Traffic off and features excellent Prop placement to form a couple of unexpected corners.
- Hold: Shopping Spree - created by Skilledscout - Skilledscout, the leader of the Sir In A Suit Crew, gets down to business with this sprawling Hold Capture set around the beachfront villas of Chumash. The coastal town is really brought to life by dangerous Actors occupying shops and protecting the Capture Objects at all costs. Once you've managed to elude them, the escape path to each Capture Point is a breezy dash along the Great Ocean Highway. Just hope an opponent isn't waiting for you when you get there.
- Marios Race - created by Fifides - Set in downtown Los Santos this short Lap Race sends Sports cars weaving through highway and street-level traffic, and features a solid mix of sharp turns and wide straights for overtaking. It's also well suited to Compacts. A savvy racer might want to hang back in second place going into the final straight and use slipstream to power over the small ramp just before the finish line.
- Quarantine - created by Raymond Calitri - "The bridge is dead. Fight to survive." reads the description for this Deathmatch set on a section of the Elysian Fields Freeway that comes from a regular on GTAForums’ content subforum. Fitting the ‘quarantine’ theme quite nicely, weapons and ammo are limited and the road is littered with wrecked vehicles so tactical play and ammo scavenging are crucial.
- Obstacle What? - created by GSXR01570 - GSXR's motto is "Work Hard, Play Hard, Game Harder" and it's clearly paying off judging by this challenging obstacle Motorbike Race. You start out in downtown Los Santos, and race to the edge of the Grand Senora Desert and back. Along the way you’ll have to deal with high speed chicanes, obstacle jumps and up to 15 other players vying for position.
- Rattlesnake Run - created by a_smitty56 - Nonchalant Dominance Crew member a_smitty56's Supercar Race takes place on the road section around the El Burro Heights oil field. We used part of this route in Rockstar Created Race “Dock Ring” but it's a surprisingly underused location among the Creator community. Lots of twists, turns and wooden fences that you can push other players through make for a competitive Race where aggression is a virtue.
- Sonuva Beach - created by Handcuff Charlie - Handcuff_charlie's first Verified Job Pier Pressure II has already seen plenty of play time in our Rockstar live-streams. Sonuva Beach is another creation showcased on GTAForums - a tight little Deathmatch that’s been marked out entirely with user-placed Props on the Palomino Highlands Beach. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into Prop placement to give this DM a central ‘focus’, choke points and alternate routes. Weapons are restricted to shotguns but grenade and Molotov pickups are placed around the map to spice things up and provide tactical variety.
In other GTA Online news, yesterday also saw alleged leaked files that point to Heists coming soon. Read all about it here.