GRID '8-Ball' Pack Available Today
Written Thursday, December 04, 2008 By Dan WebbView author's profile
Race Driver: GRID's first premium downloadable content pack will be available sometime today according to Codemasters.
The "8 Ball" pack will weigh in at 800 Microsoft points and will include 8 high-end cars that are available to use in both the 'Race Day' mode and online races, as well as two new multiplayer modes and four new achievements.
Whilst the content is not available at this current moment in time (10:20 am GMT), we are assured it will drop some time today; so dust off your copies if this floats your boat.
UPDATE: The GRID DLC is now available. Enjoy.
THOSE “8 BALL” CARS IN FULL:
• McLaren F1 GTR – The McLaren F1 GTR wrote itself into the history books as the only GT car to ever win Le Mans outright in the modern era and is considered one of the finest examples of automotive engineering in history.
• TVR Cerbera Speed 12 – The TVR 12 smashes past 60 MPH in just under 3 seconds. Production models were planned, but they were considered too powerful to sell to the general public.
• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X – For over a decade the Evo has been billed as a supercar slayer – now the Evo-X in GRID lets you unleash its sledgehammer aggression in the Pro-Tuned class.
• Honda S2000 – This roadster is heavily modified for drifting and has become a cult-favourite thanks to its award winning engine.
• Nissan GT-R (S-G2008) – One of the world’s hottest cars makes its debut in Race Driver: GRID in its fully tuned racing spec.
• VW Nardo – This powerful concept car made real from VW uses its 600BHP engine to rocket to 60MPH in 3.1 seconds.
• Pontiac Firebird Trans AM – The 1971 racing edition of this true American legend is a worthy addition to GRID’s exclusive group of muscle cars.
• Volvo C30 – Adding to Race Driver: GRID’s touring car roster comes the C30, Volvo’s agile, cutting edge hot-hatch straight from the STCC grid.
• Jack Of All Trades – Win an online race in each of the 8 Ball pack cars.
• Drift Master - Achieve a 99x combo in the Honda S2000.
• Gas Guzzler - Clock up over 250 miles in your favourite 8 Ball pack car.
• Clean Passing - Win a clean race in an 8 Ball Pack car from last position.
The four new achievements can be found in the full list here and weigh in at 25 points a piece.