Activision News: Tony Hawk, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero and More
Written Thursday, December 04, 2008 By Alan PettitView author's profile
The MTV Multiplayer Blog has reported the following:
- A new Tony Hawk which you will "not be playing with a controller in your hands."
- Tentatively titled "Guitar Hero 5" next year. This title will feature loads of in-game advertising. The first screenshot showed a Burger King ad to the right of the fretboard during gameplay.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 announced.
- New Racing IP from the team that made PGR. "Mario Kart meets Forza."
- James Bond "racing-oriented" game.
I can't say I'm surprised on any of this. Well, mostly. Tony Hawk has been stale for three years now and definitely needed an overhaul. Ads have been more prevelant lately, most notably with Barack Obama's presidential campaign, though having them so close to the gameplay will be extremely annoying. COD4-2 was a no-brainer. The only surprising bits are the last two. I would figure another sequel to PGR rather than a new game altogether. (Update: It was brought to my attention that Microsoft owns the PGR title and Bizarre who used to make the game are now owned by Activision so they have to use a new name.) And a James Bond racing game? Well that is just downright idiotic. Hopefully that one falls through the cracks and never sees the light of day.