Puzzle Arcade Due on Christmas Eve
Written Monday, December 22, 2008 By Dan WebbView author's profile
Business as usual for the Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday release, with Eidos today announcing that Puzzle Arcade will be available this week.
Essentially Puzzle Arcade is a social jigsaw puzzle game that can also take advantage of the Vision camera. The press release doesn't really offer much in the way of info, except it has multiplayer, but I couldn't help but be distracted by the PR quote ...
Paul O’Sullivan, Business Development Manager for Puzzle Arcade states that "Social gameplay appeals to Xbox LIVE Arcade users and Puzzle Arcade offers a truly inclusive multiplayer experience to subscribers. Have a free trial online and see what you think."
Subscribers? Free trial online? Either he's out of touch with his lingo or Eidos are planning a nasty little surprise; we're going for the former rather than the latter. Either way, we've added new screens to the gallery for your viewing pleasure and this game will drop this Wednesday.
Puzzle Arcade's key features are said to include:
• A wide choice of puzzle images, including downloadable puzzle packs
• Full support for the LIVE Vision camera to grab your own pictures and use them to make puzzles
• A range of customizable game options
• Play in the traditional way with Classic mode or try Turbo mode for a more casual experience
• A simple and intuitive control system
• 3D virtual galleries
Whether this is the only Live Arcade release this week remains to be seen. Check back later and we'll keep you informed.