Saints Row 2 Patched; DLC Incoming
Written Thursday, March 26, 2009 By Alan PettitView author's profile
Saints Row 2 received a patch today fixing a number of issues, most notably the inability to unlock the "Partners in Crime" achievement despite filling the achievement's requirements. If you had previously done all the missions in co-op and have not received the achievement, simply start up SR2 and download the patch, the achievement should unlock as soon as you load your saved game.
Also of note is the last addition to the "General" section of code preparing for upcoming DLC. No word yet on what that DLC will consist of, nor any hint at a release date. The full patch notes are as follows:
- Correcting the co-op mission completion and Achievement issues.
- Implemented protection against disc read errors. May reduce or eliminate crashes experienced by some users.
- Players will no longer be able to change the “Friendly Fire” setting during the Cat & Mouse diversion.
- Players will no longer be able to access the weapon radial menu during the Demolition Derby activity, including all Special Derbies.
- Correcting an issue with scripted attack helicopters not firing missiles during missions.
- Added in code support for upcoming DLC. (Players will not notice anything different for this)
- Pipe Bombs will be removed from the default MP weapon loadout when a game begins.
- The default time / score limit for Team Gangsta Brawl will change from “5 min / 25 kills” to “10 min / 50 kills”.
- A 5 second period of invincibility will be applied to respawning players. Once an invulnerable player performs an attack, the effect will be removed. Invulnerability will be displayed by a special health bar indicator.