Microsoft Details Upcoming Halo Wars DLC
Written Tuesday, April 21, 2009 By Dan WebbView author's profile
Microsoft today detailed their upcoming expansion pack for Halo Wars, titled "Strategic Options," which will add three new multiplayer modes and 100 new achievement points to the title.
The three new modes that Strategic Options will add are as follows:
• Keepaway Mode is the “Halo Wars” adaptation of Capture the Flag. Teams will battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. Capture three sentinels to claim victory.
• Tug of War Mode is all about having a stronger army than the opponent. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings and resources left standing in the end.
• In Reinforcement Mode, all active battle units are provided in successive waves. Players must adapt their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy.
“Strategic Options” also adds four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points:
• “One and Done” (30 points): Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.’s
• “Pull Hard, Pull Deep” (20 points): Win and never trail in a Tug of War game
• “Freak on a Streak” (20 points): Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game
• “Living Loving Bug” (30 points): Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game
No word as of yet regarding pricing and release date, but as usual, as soon as we know, you'll know.