E3 2009: It's the Final Countdown.. Until LEGO Rock Band!
Written Wednesday, June 03, 2009 By Jason Debelyak
Some information is slowly starting to trickle in on the upcoming LEGO Rock Band. A few of the songs have been revealed, including Europe's epic "The Final Countdown". You will also take part in Rock Power challenges in order to destroy a giant robot and more. Also, a new Super Easy mode is revealed for the brand new rockers. I'm not sure how you can get much easier than Easy mode unless you're only using one button or two buttons, but I guess we'll find out more about that in the future. Enough from me, though, check out some of the details on the game:
LEGO® Rock Band® merges two of the most popular videogame franchises to deliver a unique family-friendly music experience that will take tweens, teens, families and gamers of all ages on a wild journey to rock stardom in order to “Build a Band and Rock the Universe.” Combining the authentic multiplayer music experience of Rock Band® with the accessibility, customization and humor of LEGO® games, LEGO Rock Band allows players to create their own unique rock star style and customize their own avatars, band members, roadies, and managers. As players successfully complete songs and rock challenges, they can collect LEGO studs, unlock additional content and build amazing vehicles, which can take their band from local gigs at rock clubs to epic stadium shows and even fantasy settings on Earth and beyond.
- Rock along to current hits and classic favorites that the whole family will enjoy including Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back”, Foo Fighters’ “Breakout”, Vampire Weekend’s “A-Punk”, Blur’s “Song 2”, Carl Douglas’ “Kung Fu Fighting”, Europe’s “The Final Countdown”, Good Charlotte’s “Boys and Girls” and Pink’s “So What”, just to name a few!
- Use the LEGO character customizer to create and personalize your band, instruments and entourage.
- Pull off killer riffs in LEGO themed Rock Power challenges to perform amazing feats such as destroying a giant robot, summoning a storm or demolishing a skyscraper.
- Build fame LEGO style by completing songs to collect LEGO elements - build cooler vehicles, progress to new venues and unlock new characters and instruments.
- Express yourself with a personalized LEGO Rock Den that can be accessorized and decorated to perfectly suit your rock style.
- All-access gaming! Start off on Easy, work your way up to Expert or try out the newly introduced Super Easy setting created especially for budding rock stars!
- Rock out using Rock Band instruments, as well as other music game controllers.