Worms 2 on the XBLA Next Week
Written Wednesday, June 24, 2009 By Dan WebbView author's profile
Team 17's Facebook page is now stating that their second worm-tastic Xbox Live Arcade title, Worms 2: Armageddon, will launch on the service next Wednesday, July 1st for 800 Microsoft Points.
The news however will surely come as a disappointment to some who thought that Battlefield 1943 would be out. We're not discounting that just yet, but to release two high profile titles in one week wouldn't make for good business sense.
SENSATIONAL NEW WEAPONS!
• Sentry Gun! Defend your position with this deadly guardian.
• Electro Magnet! Attract or repel deadly metallic explosives with this unique item.
• Bunker Buster! Use this vertical missile to dig out enemy Worms that have snuck away!
• Buffalo Of Lies! The Donkey’s nemesis, this Trojan Buffalo will cause havoc!
• Super Bunker Buster! Devastating below ground charge!
RETURNING CULT FAVOURITES FROM ARMAGEDDON (in addition to all WORMS weapons)
• Super Sheep! Take your fluffy flocking friend to the air! A controllable, flying super sheep!
• Holy Hand Grenade! Hallelujah! The Deity’s weapon of choice!
• Concrete Donkey! It’s back! As mad and wildly destructive as ever!
• Napalm! Love the smell of burning Worms in the morning?
• Petrol Bomb! This cocktail packs a mighty roasting for enemies. Lob one today.
• Armageddon! Not quite the end as we know it, but it could be for your enemies!
• Parachute! A roper’s best friend! Drop huge heights with wind assist…
• Drill! Dig to victory with the pneumatic drill.
• Baseball Bat. Whack out enemy Worms for a home run cheer!
• Earthquake! Can you rumble the opponent?
• Poison Strike! Germ warfare!
NEW GAME FEATURES
• All new high definition, widescreen artwork
• Reworked audio-visuals throughout
• Fire! Persistent fire eats and burns away the landscape. Hot stuff.
• Crazy Crates! Start with basic weapons and shop as you go!
• Fort Mode! Start teams on your own bases.
• Rope Racing mode.
• Massively enhanced & improved game physics & reactions.
• Speedier, more direct gameplay.
• All new high-definition audio (sound effects, music)
• Speak your mind! Massive variety of comedy voice sets with many all new.
• All new crazy achievements.
• All new extensive customisation, Worm Hats, voices, graves, dances, colours, forts!
• Uses NXE Avatars to reflect game status in game!
• All new Single Player adventure combines death matches and puzzles.
• Win tokens in the all-new 30 chapter single player campaign to win prizes in the game SHOP, unlock new landscapes, voices, hats and more.
• Enhanced CPU AI for more challenging single player games.
• Improved online handling, including host migration for network play.
• All new leaderboards and leaderboard objectives.
NEW GAMEPLAY LEVELS
• 5 all new landscapes graphical types modelled on the original Armageddon style. Battle in Medieval England, Cheese Moon, Construction site and more.
• 130 base landscape styles (compared to just six on original) for diverse play levels.
• Vertical Levels! Play on tall, narrow strips or caverns as well as traditional ‘wide’ levels.
• Mix combinations of landscape type, style, your own game rules and more to create thousands of possible levels and hundreds, if not thousands of hours of replay value.
[Via MTV Multiplayer]