UFC Patch Hits Consoles
Written Thursday, July 30, 2009 By Dan WebbView author's profile
There's nothing worse than playing a game online only to have people quit on you when you're on the brink of winning and have victory snatched away from you on the home straight. THQ's latest UFC title suffered from this major flaw, but fear not, today THQ announced that the latest patch is now live and it will rectify that.
The latest patch brings with it the news that online quitters will now be punished in the title, but I can't help but notice that the description mentions nothing about awarding the player who hadn't quit, the win ... which seems like another oversight. Let's hope they just missed that part out in the description.
The fixes in the patch according to THQ are as follows:
1. We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
2. We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
3. We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
4. We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
5. We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
6. We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
7. We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
8. We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.