GamesCom Attracts 245,000 People
Written Monday, August 24, 2009 By Dan WebbView author's profile
Last week's GamesCom in Cologne was what we'd like to call, a resounding success. Everything about the show was right on the money and I'm sure the event organisers didn't expect such a rapturous debut year, but nevertheless, the show turned out to be what they call, the "largest games fair in the world."
The Koelnmesse, where all the festivities went down last week, released a ton of interesting stats today that proved how successful the show really was. Brace yourselves folks, big numbers and stats in bound.
- 245,000 visitors came to the Koelnmesse site from 19 - 23 August.
- Out of the 245,000 visitors; 17,000 were trade and 228,000 were end consumers.
- There were 4,000 media representatives from 48 different countries.
- Around 120,000 square metres of floor space was taken up by exhibitors.
- There were 458 exhibiting companies from 31 countries.
- The stats make "GamesCom the largest games fair in the world"