Rock Band Goes Gold, November 20th Set
Written Monday, November 05, 2007 By Alan PettitView author's profile
"Rock Band is a true symbol of Harmonix’s vision, dedication and passion for music and after two years of development, we are thrilled that Rock Band is finally ready to get in the hands of rock fans everywhere,"; said Alex Rigopolous, CEO of Harmonix. "We have a small army filling our warehouses with final product, ready for our November 20th ship date so players can fulfill their rock and roll aspirations. Now, our focus is putting together an amazing selection of downloadable music content for players so players can continue to further customize their Rock Band experience post launch."
Details on the Rock Band Special Edition Bundle:
- The Xbox 360 version of the Rock Band Special Edition Bundle will feature a wired drum kit, microphone and Fender Stratocaster guitar controller as well as a USB hub for easy plug-in access for all instruments.
- The PLAYSTATION 3 system version of the Rock Band Special Edition Bundle will feature a wired drum kit and microphone, as well as a wireless Fender Stratocaster guitar controller, which will be interoperable between the PlayStation 2 system and PLAYSTATION 3 system.
- The Rock Band Special Edition Bundle for the PlayStation 2 system will feature a wired drum kit, wired microphone, wireless Fender Stratocaster guitar controller and a USB hub.
- Suggested retail pricing for standalone Rock Band software for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system versions will be $59.99.
- Standalone instrument peripherals for Rock Band, including a wireless guitar option for the Xbox 360, will be available at a later date to be announced.
- The standalone Rock Band software will support a variety of 3rd-party instrument peripherals as well as enable owners to share peripherals with those who own the Special Edition bundle.
Partnerships with instrument giants including Fender® Musical Instruments Corporation, Roland Corpation, BOSS, Ludwig, Line 6, Ernie Ball, Electro-Harmonix, Vic Firth, and Zildjian ensure authenticity of the look and feel of in-game play, while the Rock Band instruments, including the Fender Stratocaster® guitar controller, are designed by real world musicians.
Rock Band will ship in Europe in the first quarter of 2008 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 system and PLAYSTATION 2 system.
Rock Band is rated “T” for Teen (lyrics, mild suggestive themes) by the ESRB.
EA will serve as the exclusive distribution and marketing partner for Rock Band, managing distribution for the game in US, Europe and Australia.
Rock Band is an all-new platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music like never before. The game challenges players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune – all while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals. Built on unprecedented partnerships with artists, record labels and music publishers, the 58 tracks in Rock Band will span the full range of rock music and include original master recordings from the greatest songs and artists of all time. For more information on Rock Band and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockband.com and www.harmonixmusic.com.
Thanks to [Team Xbox]