Borderlands Patched Again (Achievement Fixes Included)
Written Saturday, December 12, 2009 By Alan PettitView author's profile
As good as Borderlands is, it sadly was not without a few glitches. Many achievements would get a little wonky and not unlock correctly in certain situations (though the situations were never completely identified and did not occur for everyone), requiring that the achievement be attempted again on a new character save. I personally ran into it with 12 Days of Pandora, Fence and Facemelter. While this wasn't the end of the world, it could be frustrating anyway. Other people were even more unfortunate, losing all their skill points with no way to retrieve them.
As they have already once since the game's launch, Gearbox has provided fixes for the loyal fans and delivered a patch today for many of the game's issues, most notably the two situations I mentioned above. The full list of fixes are as follows:
- Characters that have lost skill points will have them returned the next time they are loaded
- Most instances involving character data loss when playing online should no longer occur
- Item cards now display the intended five lines of text
- Achievements should now unlock properly.
- Players should automatically receive achievements that did not unlock correctly
- Fixed a progression issue in the Find Steele mission – characters affected by this issue should now be able to continue progressing
- Some issues involving external data manipulation of the backpack and character level have been addressed
- The auto-aim option should now fully disable auto-aim properly
- Fixed a bug that kept challenges and achievements from unlocking for the rest of a session after visiting arenas
- Fixed some formatting issues with the server list screen.
- Fixed an issue causing servers to report the incorrect plot mission.
- Proficiency progress to the next level should no longer be lost when leaving a multiplayer game as a client
- Lilith's "Silent Resolve" skill now works as intended
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mordecai to spawn multiple Bloodwings
- Mordecai's "Loaded" skill now increases mag capacity by 20%
- Roland's "Scattershot" skill has had its spread adjustment corrected, and damage now increases at +5 per level