E3 2010: Project Natal to 'Kinect' With These Titles in the Works
Written Sunday, June 13, 2010 By Jason Debelyak
Today, an advertisement from the Italian Microsoft website seems to have leaked some of the big details that Microsoft planned to drop on the gaming world. These were seemingly expected from many of those within the industry, and the advertisement confirms many of those expectations. First and foremeost, the most anticipated feature to come out of the Microsoft camp this year, Project Natal, is going to be going by a new name. The newly-named Kinect will be expected later this year, and USA Today confirms that there are several titles that are already in the works for the new motion sensing technology:
- Joy Ride - This is the major title that was revealed recently to be a bigger and better adaptation than the XBLA arcade game that was revealed at last year's E3. The title will now be fully functional with Kinect and will have users' holding an imaginary steering wheel, while using their body movements to perform acceleration boosts, tricks and stunts.
- Kinectimals - This title shows the route that Microsoft may be taking for the most part with Kinect, which should have been expected. Getting all cutesy for the younger generations, this game will allow you to train 20 different virtual cats, which will include a cheetah, tiger and lion.
- Kinect Sports - Sound familiar anyone? This adaptation will have players' using their body movements to play sports including boxing, bowling, table tennis, soccer, track and field and volleyball.
- Kinect Adventures - This title will include both a river raft time-trial and an obstacle course. Up to four players can play at a time, and partners will need to move side to side in order to steer their rafts.
- Dance Central - Supposedly being created by MTV Games, players will be busting a virtual move in their living rooms.
- Both Disney and Star Wars characters will be used in games that will be developed in conjunction with Disney and LucasArts, respectively.
We will certainly be keeping a keen eye on these titles throughout the week and will be bringing all the details regarding Kinect as we hear them.
The other major detail to come out of the advertisement is a potential reveal for an Xbox 360 Slim, which will come with a 250 GB hard drive, built-in WiFi and will presumably be bundled with Kinect. Again, all details will be brought to you directly throughout the week, especially when we get confirmation from the Microsoft press conference, starting tomorrow at 1:30 pm EST (10:30 am PDT).