The Club Multiplayer Modes Revealed
Written Thursday, January 17, 2008 By Alan PettitView author's profile
SEGA of America revealed today the multiplayer modes for The Club. Available February 2008, The Club will feature eight different multiplayer modes for up to eight players at a time.
Players will choose one of eight unique fighters each with their own combat techniques and representing a variety of countries and backgrounds in an attempt to stay alive in the most ruthless underground elite fighting club. Creating a radically new kind of action experience, The Club combines the shooting genre with the break-neck speed of high-octane race titles.
The Club is currently in development by the award winning studio Bizarre Creations.
- Kill Match: This is a tried and tested death-match mode. The player with the most kills at the end of the gamer is the winner.
- Score Match: This is a points based death match where players rack up points for kills using the same scoring mechanism which is used in the single player game. As with the single player game, the key to big scores to combo.
- Hunted Killer: When the game begins the first player to make a kill becomes the Hunted. While hunted, a player’s score ticks up constantly. Only one player can be the hunted, and if a Hunter playermanages to kill the hunted, the hunted status will pass over to the killer. Becoming the hunted and surviving for as long as possible is the only way to score. The hunters are equipped with radar which shows where the hunted player is all the time. The hunted player does not have a scanner so he must keep on his toes to avoid his pursuers.
- Team Kill Match: This is a regular team kill match. The team who scores the highest by killing their opponents will win.
- Team Fox Hunt: In Team Fox Hunt one player on each team is assigned as the Fox. The objective is to hunt and kill the enemy team’s Fox without them doing the same to yours. All players begin with the same amount of health however the fox player can use health packs dotted around the level to bring his health up to a maximum of 400%.
- Team Capture: in this game mode, both teams have a base objective. The aim of the game mode is to capture the enemies’ bas objective while defending your own. Bases are captured by standing on them and holding for 30 seconds. The team who manages to fully capture the enemy team’s objective or the team with the most capture time when the game timer runs out is the winner.
- Team Siege: This game mode is inspired by the single player “Siege” game mode. In Team Siege teams are assigned the role of either attack or defense. Defending players have only one life whereas attacking players re-spawn when killed. The game plays out and the attackers must kill all of the defending players as quickly as possible. The teams then swap roles so the attackers become defenders and the defenders attackers. To win this round teams must survive for longer in defense than the attackers did.
- Team Skull Shot: The aim of this game mode is to destroy all five of the enemy team’s skull shot targets while defending your own.
We originally reported a preview for three of the modes, now all eight are revealed. Quite impressive selection of gametypes. I love that games are really exploring their options (Kane & Lynch especially) and not just settling for the typical Deathmatch. Should be pretty fun.