8 Messy Splatterhouse Screens And Soundtrack Deets Land In a Bucket Of Offal
Written Friday, October 08, 2010 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Splatterhouse was a proper video game nasty as far as 16-bit blood-curdling violence was concerned back in the Mega Drive/Genesis days, but these latest screens for the current-gen Splatterhouse reboot make those old games look like child's play by comparison.
In short, they're a blood-spattered mess, showing the game's Jason Voorhees-style, hockey mask-sporting protagonist, college student Rick Taylor, punching monsters into a bleeding puddle of dismembered limbs and entrails. They don't call it Splatterhouse for nothing, you know. There's enough blood here to refloat a hundred Titanics, we reckon.
Namco Bandai has also released details of the game's soundtrack, which will feature licensed music from a variety of merry thrash metal minstrels, such as 'Goatwhore', 'Mastodon' and 'Lamb of God'. 'Goatwhore', eh? Erm...nice.
Here's the full track list that will feature in Splatterhouse:
- The Accused – “Pounding Nails”
- ASG – “Dream Song”
- Cavalera Conspiracy – “Must Kill”
- 5 Finger Death Punch – “Dying Breed”
- Goatwhore – “Apocalyptic Havok”
- The Haunted – “Hollow Ground”
- High On Fire - “Fire, Flood & Plague”
- Invisible Enemies – “Dead Eyes”
- Lamb of God – “Walk With Me in Hell”
- Mastodon – “Blood and Thunder”
- Municipal Waste – “Rigorous Vengeance”
- Mutant Supremacy – “Morbid Dismemberment”
- Terrorizer – “Dead Shall Rise”
- WolfShirt – “Headlong Into Monsters”