Borderlands' Level Cap Increase Coming In "A Couple Of Weeks"
Written Thursday, October 28, 2010 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Borderlands' latest Title Update was meant to arrive on October 12th to coincide with the release of the Game of the Year Edition, but has been notably absent for a while now. Thankfully, Gearbox has addressed the whereabouts of the Title Update v1.41 patch on its forums, declaring that it'll be available in "a couple of weeks" and will raise the level caps and fix achievements glitches.
"The Title Update is finished and in the process of being reviewed for launch. We are almost green lit across the board for this free update to be launched, but we still need just one more light to turn green," posts Gearbox marketing co-ordinator, Adam Fletcher. "In other words – we’re *almost* there! We expect that last light to turn green within a couple of weeks, possibly sooner. Once this happens, the Title Update will be made immediately available for all platforms."
Here is what will be included in Title Update v1.41 patch:
- Level cap increase for all players of 8 levels. That means that all Borderlands players will now be able to achieve a new maximum level of 58.
- Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx will achieve a record-setting increase to a maximum level of 69.
- End game players that have completed playthrough 2 will see enemies scale to the new levels up to the new level cap. That means that if you’ve completed everything, you can play through the game again and again at a challenging level in order to find better and better loot.
- Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will also scale with higher level enemies to the new level cap. That means that this Title Update features the highest level weapons to date!
- Other fixes, including DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users and will be corrected to properly award players for obtaining these achievements no matter which order they were completed in.
No reason was given for the free patch's delay, but at least we can rest assured that it is still coming soon.