Massive FIFA 11 Patch On The Way
Written Wednesday, November 10, 2010 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
We can't say that we noticed much wrong with FIFA 11 (read our review for the evidence), but that hasn't stopped EA Canada from putting together a frankly enormous update for the game due to hit the pitch later this month.
Now, get ready for a long read, because there's a lot being refined for FIFA 11 with the upcoming patch, including gameplay tweaks, Career Mode adjustments, changes to the audio, presentation, Creation Centre and more. You can peruse the long list below, courtesy of the EA Forums:
- Gameplay: You’ll now find that the implementation of the offside rule in the game is more accurate, both in terms of when the infringement is called and in terms of player positions when it happens. Occasional strange player positioning at kick-off have also gone away, while shooting from weak volleys has been improved, too. Importantly, so-called ‘micro-pausing’ during gameplay will also be a thing of the past. Overall, your gameplay experience should now be even better.
- Career Mode: There are a lot of improvements you’ll notice here, which will all further boost the realism of the mode, but in summary: Your match fixtures during the season for cups and leagues, as well as the time of day they all happen, should now be much more realistic. We’ve also improved how accurately player ratings and growth are displayed, as well as making sure the players get the awards they deserve, when they deserve them. Using an odd exploit to secure a whopping $2 billion budget has now gone away, while the emails you receive as a manager will be more appropriate and players you’ve loaned out will now be easier to see and manage.
- Online Head-to-Head: Matchmaking will be enhanced, particularly in terms of initially connecting to an opponent, while we’ve removed a couple of exploits that people were using to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents. Also, players will now no longer be able to use Passing Power Assistance in ranked matches.
- Online Clubs: We’ve already made a lot of server-side improvements to the Clubs experience, particularly in terms of matchmaking, match results and progress in Cups. With the game update we’ll be making a range of improvements to stats and league-table presentation, too, as well as improving the camera motion when your player is a long way from the ball.
- Presentation: You’ll now find that cut-scenes are improved during substitutions, along with a range of more subtle improvements around of the game.
- Audio: Creation Centre teams will now benefit from crowd chants, while we’ve improved the custom chants area as well. We’ve also managed to enhance a few audio triggers during gameplay, meaning you’ll get an even better atmosphere as things happen during a match.
- Creation Centre: The general performance of the game when it involves teams and players created via the Creation Centre has been improved. Also, you’ll now find that the formations and attributes you set on the web will now transfer more accurately to the console.
- FIFA Store: We’ve made sure that Live Season will be available for multiple users on the same console. Some people who had switched from an inactive XBL account to a Gold Account were having problems seeing the content of the store – we’ve got that covered, too.
- Kits: Lincoln City and Montpellier fans, your teams’ kits should now be right on the money.