Ubi Survey Hints At Features For Assassin's Creed III
Written Monday, December 06, 2010 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
This weekend, we found a curious Assassin's Creed survey in our email inbox, asking how much we like Ezio's latest adventure in Brotherhood and what features we'd like to see in the next Assassin's Creed title. There seems to be a whole host of ideas being kicked around at the moment if the UK-based survey is any kind of indication with things like tactical bombs, upgraded assassin's blades and more being touted. This is just the tip of the iceberg however, as improvements to multiplayer, co-operative play and improved Eagle Vision is also seemingly being considered.
Of course, the outcome as to whether these features will make it into the next Creed depends on their popularity as a result of the survey, but we can't imagine many people having an aversion to the idea of Assassin's Creed co-op. As Ubisoft Montreal has proved with Brotherhood's multiplayer, it can make what seems like a brave and difficult concept work. Who'd have thought AC multiplayer would be so compulsive?
A forum member over on NeoGAF has had the good sense to list the potential gameplay features that might be a possibility for an Assassin's Creed sequel with a continuation of Ezio's story up for the vote or a completely new story with a new assassin in a different historical setting.
Take a look through the survey questions below, and imagine what you'd answer. And in case you're wondering, we said no to Facebook integration, a big yes to a new story and a massive thumbs up to co-op.
1) An upgrade to the assassin's blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin's Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9) Online Cooperative Mode
10) Offline Cooperative Mode
11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13) Playing new Multiplayer modes
14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
Interesting stuff, we think you'll agree.