Left 4 Dead's Achievements Patched and Fixed
Written Wednesday, January 19, 2011 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Valve has issued an update for Left 4 Dead, which should patch any achievement progress you might have lost when downloading the latest DLC, namely 'The Sacrifice'. The update also fixes the dodgy 'Sacrifizzle' achievement, which involves incapacitating a survivor trying to sacrifice themselves.
Hence, progress lost having picked up The Sacrifice will be restored, although Valve states on its Left 4 Dead Blog that in a few cases, some achievement progress might not be possible to recover. However, the majority of players will be happy to see that their last spate of zombie slaughter wasn't all for nothing.
Take a look at the complete list of fixes delivered via the new update:
• In Versus mode Tanks will spawn in stasis until a human player takes over. Tanks in stasis are invisible and invulnerable, and won't move or attack.
• Tank speed is no longer reduced when on fire.
• Allow players on the Infected team to manually spawn during finales.
• Added a vote option to toggle All-Talk.
• Special Infected that causes a Survivor to stumble into a "ledge hang" situation will receive 50 points.
• Bullets that first pass through an infected character before striking a Survivor are now ignored as friendly fire.
• In Versus mode car alarms will now trigger anytime a Special Infected pulls or stumbles a Survivor into an alarm car.
• Survivor Bots no longer try to melee exploding barrels out of their way.
• Fixed the Sacrifizzle achievement.