Shift 2: Unleashed 'Speedhunters' DLC Racing in Next Week
Written Thursday, May 12, 2011 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
From May 17th, EA and Slightly Mad Studios will be releasing another batch of downloadable content for Shift 2: Unleashed, adding 14 new cars, 6 new tracks as well as an all new career path and new game modes.
Inspired by the expansive network of automotive photographers, journalists and drivers at the EA-owned Speedhunters.com, the Speedhunters DLC add-on features two new career branches in Drag Racing and the Standing mile, with each incorporating nine events apiece. You'll be able to use manual gears to really feel the revs and the traction control will be forced off in this instance. The HUD will also have a new rev counter and gear indicator to aid you in the new modes.
Drag judges the fastest time over a quarter of a mile expanse of tracks, while Standing mile judges your highest speed over a mile. You'll be able to use new cutomisation options to help put together a 1000BHP beast capable of roaring along at over 250 MPH. The list of cars will feature 12 specially tuned Speedhunters cars and 2 brand new cars in Chris Rado’s World Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC and Koz’s Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo.
Check out the full list of cars and tracks in the Speedhunters pack below:
- Dodge Challenger R/T Speedhunters
- Lexus LFA Speedhunters
- Mazda RX-7 (FC3S) Speedhunters
- McLaren MP4-12C Speedhunters
- Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 Speedhunters
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Speedhunters
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition Speedhunters
- Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30) Speedhunters
- Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) Speedhunters
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters
- Pagani Huayra Speedhunters
- Toyota Supra Speedhunters
- Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo (Rival/reward car)
- World Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC (Rival/reward car)
- Miyatomi Drag Strip
- Miyatomi Mile
- Aguera Drag Strip
- Agueda Aerodrome
- Nevada Drag Strip
- Nevada Freight Yard
Shift 2: Unleashed's Speedhunters add-on pack will be available from May 17th for 800 Microsoft Points. Check out the trailer below and six new screens in the gallery.