Duke Nukem Forever Says 'Hail to the Icons' in DLC Parody Pack
Written Wednesday, July 27, 2011 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
Duke Nukem Forever is set to get some new multiplayer DLC in the form of the 'Hail to the Icons Parody Pack', Gearbox has announced. The pack contains four multiplayer maps and three new modes for Duke to get busy with, and is free to First Access Club members who registered prior to Duke Nukem Forever's launch.
Each map mocks certain popular shooters, which includes taking a pop at Call of Duty with its 'N00b T00b', poking fun at Doom with 16-bit visuals and a 'DFG', Team Fortress 2 with the 2Forts1Bridge map featuring a big minigun and the Sandbox map, which has sticky bombs and two bases at either end in a knowing wink to Halo. Here's the details of the four maps and three modes via the 2K Games Blog:
Three All-New Modes -
- Freeze Tag provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos.
- See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato.
- Play free-for-all Duke style in Hail to the King.
Four Multiplayer Maps -
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers.
2K will be hosting a preview event for the maps on August 4th, details of which can also be found on the 2K Games Blog. The Duke Nukem Forever 'Hail to the Icons Parody Map Pack is out in autumn 2011.