Gears of War 2: Tons of New Info!
Written Tuesday, April 08, 2008 By Alan PettitView author's profile
The May issue of Game Informer has a huge spread on Gears of War 2. Lucky for you guys, nothing stays off the internet long and someone over at NeoGAF got ahold of the issue and spilled the beans. Click the link in that previous sentence to read all his details, but here are some of the more interesting ones:
- New Characters: Tai Kaliso (spiritual, honor-bound soldier), Chairman Prescott (head of the human government), Dizzy (hillbilly-type soldier), Maria Santiago (Dom's wife)
- Timeframe: Starts six months after the end of Gears 1.
- Visuals: Most we already saw in that video, but they talk about the water effects and the huge number of Locust troops on-screen.
- New Weapons: No specific details, but the active reloads on these will be different from before.
- New Enemies, including Locust healers and "chanters" that will need to be taken out quickly.
- "We have creatures that make the Brumak look like a baby panda bear." -Cliff Bleszinski
- Drop in/Drop out Co-op play.
- Fourth, easier difficulty in addition to being able to play on one difficulty while your co-op partner plays on another. The game will adjust when together and then readjust when separated.
- Walking scenes are gone, replaced by "dynamic conversation systems."
- Collectible COG tags now can be examined to see who the owner was and learn about them.
- Floating robot has a video screen so you can now see Anya.
- Many achievements can be done in single player or multiplayer, and you will be able to track your progress through the Journal menu.
I bolded that last one for emphasis. Very good news, indeed. There are a few more tidbits that were revealed, check the link at the top of the article for the full post over at NeoGAF.