Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack DLC Unveiled
Written Tuesday, October 04, 2011 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
By now, most of you Gears of War 3 die-hards out there will have hooked up your Season Pass for the upcoming DLC at 2400 Microsoft Points (add it to your download queue here if you haven't), which means you can kick back and simply wait until next month. That's when the first batch of Gears of War 3 DLC will be dropping.
Adding three new Horde maps, the Horde Command Pack also includes new fortification upgrades and new characters, making it a worthwhile addition to the Horde 2.0 mayhem, as well as adding 250 Gamerscore of new achievements to unlock. Here's the complete list of Horde Command Pack contents:
Three new maps:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favourite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New weapon skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
This is also playable in Beast Mode and private Versus matches, which means the Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack is a snip at 800 Microsoft Points or at a 33% discount as part of a Season Pass purchase. You'll be able to grab it from November 1st. Check out four new screens from the add-on right here.
[Via Major Nelson]