Duke Nukem Forever 'Hail to the Icons' DLC Dated
Written Wednesday, October 05, 2011 By Richard WalkerView author's profile
If you're desperate for more Duke, then you'll be able to hail to the king once again with the Duke Nukem Forever 'Hail to the Icons Parody Pack', which has been priced and dated for next week on the Xbox Live Marketplace, bringing with it new multiplayer maps and modes to play.
Here's what you can expect from the Hail to the Icons Parody Pack:
Three All-New Modes -
- Freeze Tag provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos.
- See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato.
- Play free-for-all Duke style in Hail to the King.
Four Multiplayer Maps -
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers.
You'll be able to snap up the Duke Nukem Forever Hail to the Icons Parody Pack from October 11th for 800 Microsoft Points, unless you're a First Access Club member, in which case it's free. There'll also be a patch coming with optimisations and fixes for Duke Nukem Forever. Hail to the King, baby.
[Via 2K Games]