Not everyone will know Phil Frazier's name yet, but he is the man that took over from David Ortiz as the Lead Producer on the Madden series. He seems very keen to get involved with the public and see what the fans want in the game. To do this, he has being very active on the EA Forums. He is answering a lot of questions, while hardly giving away any information. However, he has announced the following:
Thanks to StickSkills.
- Glitches: The dreaded wide receiver jetpack has been addressed and fixed. Linebacker reactions was brought up but never answered. But on the plus side the onside kick was also fixed.
- Weapons: Player ratings have been tweaked reguarding the player weapons based off 4 categories (previous performance, injury, future performance and subjectivity)
- Refs: Sorry detail fans, there will be no refs on the field for Madden 09 but it will be something they will bring up in the 2010 edition.
- Game speed: He mentioned the fact that over at EA they love how the PS2/Xbox feels and will be looking to perfect this for the PS3/Xbox 360.
- Uniforms: Apparently they compared the ’08 uniforms to this past seasons uniforms and have made a major overhaul on them.
- Online Lag: EA is aware of the lag and will be doing "intense testing" with players across the country to fix this issue.
- Replays: Rejoice! The option to save replays will indeed be in Madden ’09.
- Fair Play: Alas the fair play rule will join the refs in the 2010 meeting.
- Fatigue: Last year they had said they addressed this issue and have gone back again this year to try again and see if the system will work even better for the 2009 version.