Roadmap (WIP)

The BEAst in I

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 7 (will edit)

-Offline: 1000, 48/48

-Online: 0, 0/48

-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 25+ (Will edit)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3

-Number of missable achievements: 0

-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheats

-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes

-Glitchy achievements; Not known

-Unobtainable achievements: Not known

-Extra equipment needed?: Kinect is an option but not required

Introduction: Welcome to Blackwater a videogame loosely based off of the private military corporation of the same name. This game is an on-rail shooter meaning you do not directly control your character unlike most games these days. A more well known on-rail shooter would House of the Dead. The controls might get you a little bit cause the tutorial is not at the beginning of the campaign its in the quickplay menu. The main thing I am struggling with is crouching but that was rectified by finding the tutorial.

Key note: Difficulties DO NOT STACK so bare minimum you will have to play though 3 times on each difficulty once.

Key note 2: Kills towards achievements count regardless of dying or starting the level over.

Key note 3: When you die you start the level over and there are usually 3-5 levels per mission. It may say checkpoint but that is only for the sake of leaderboards.

Step 1: Play through on easy

Sounds easy? Its not its alot of trial and error and remembering where the enemies come from and finding proper cover which in some spots don't exist. I strongly recommend easy first so you can get a grip of the controls and know most of the levels decently well. Also go for collectibles which stay collected.

(As of this moment I am still on this step)

Step 2: Grind some upgrades

This game gets hard on the higher difficulties so I recommend you grind your level so that you have more upgrades. They are automatically applied when you earn them. You can mix this step in with step 1 if you are having trouble like I am on easy.

Step 3: Playthrough on normal

Once you are comfortable with your upgrades move on up to normal difficulty. Which is kinda hard in my opinion. As you progress you will also work towards more upgrades which will come in handy for beating it on normal and on hard.

Step 4: Grind some more

Depending on how much you did before in step 2 grind out some more levels to get more upgrades; hell it might be a good idea to grind out most of it before hard.

Step 5: Beat it on hard

After beating on easy and normal and grinding to your hearts content (or level 56) try and tackle hard. This will be hard and very frustrating from what I can tell.

Step 6: Cleanup

Get any collectibles you missed and get the remaining paths. If you still need weapon specific kills (which I doubt) then go playthough a few more levels focusing on that weapon. Also in this step you will do the 2 local 8 player achievements which can be done with 1 controller.

Conclusion: This is not an easy 1k or 500 for that matter heck I got almost half the achievements and around 200 gamerscore. If you can perservere through to the end then good job on the solid 1k.

Edited by KillerBEA

well i have tried both and with the controller it is a pile of poop but with kinect it is really fun and awsome.alot better than i thought.when i bought this and it said better with kinect on the case i figured it would be like other better with kinect games and only have a little bit of kinect but not a full experience.but with this game it is the full experience with kinect or controller.the kinect version has lots of movements and is actually very fun to headshot people and throw grenades.i personally suggest if you have a kinect to try this out and ignore reviews.also KillerBEA if you know how to upgrade in this game i could use that info thanks

It would seem that upgrades are given when you level up I'm currently at Level 23 and have gotten upgrades about every other time I level up. Not sure if the ones you get are random or not as I have no upgrades for the sniper but some for all the others.

Anyone have a good way to get 7000 points? The best I've gotten is just over 3000 which is a long way off.

• 3 weeks later...

got this game today through rental, didnt know controller could be used, but think id prefer just having the kinect, i jumped straight into normal mode might go back on easy see how it plays out, sometimes its awkward to find where all the people are shooting from but that will come through in time.

anyway cheers for the WIP always like checking these things to see how long or hard the game will be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...