problem detecting skylanders

We had some problems with the characters syncing up right. Just plain wouldn’t work sometimes. What we finally found that worked to fix them was to re-locate the system. We stretched out the cord for the portal instead of leaving it bundled and moved the portal to be far away from the TV, the XBOX, the Wii, Controllers, Everything… Moved it out on its own table. Then we moved the 360 to a new spot and bingo… everything is working great again!!! –Seven Services, Mayville Computers :woop:

i am experiencing a similar problem it all worked fine up until this afternoon when my son tried to play it and it would not recognise any of the skylanders i contacted activision and was given the following website to try activision.com/support and there is a troubleshooting guide for skylanders hope this is helpful to anyone

• 6 months later...

I just bought the game this weekend for 360 and, while playing the game co-op for the first time, the portal kept resyncing the figures we were playing with every other minute and kept switching which figure was set on which controller (which is frustrating). My brother was the one who talked me into checking this game out and he said he's never had this issue with his. I stretched the cord out to its full length to a spot in the middle of the floor and we were still experiencing the issue. Stopped playing in the middle of the second stage and gave up on the thing.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I had zook which was as if nothing was on the portal, not even saying problem with skylander, he rattled when shook though so i think he had a chip loose or something, i got a refund on him and gonna replace at somepoint

• 3 weeks later...
We had some problems with the characters syncing up right. Just plain wouldn’t work sometimes. What we finally found that worked to fix them was to re-locate the system. We stretched out the cord for the portal instead of leaving it bundled and moved the portal to be far away from the TV, the XBOX, the Wii, Controllers, Everything… Moved it out on its own table. Then we moved the 360 to a new spot and bingo… everything is working great again!!! –Seven Services, Mayville Computers :woop:

Hopefully it doesnt take you quite so much effort to sort a faulty cable when it comes to your "company"...