The 999 Light Seeds Glitch

Art

As many of you are aware, Prince of Persia has a glitch that makes the map locations show that the player has found every light seed before fighting the final boss. In other words, each area of the map shows 45/45 and 25/25 light seeds found....yet, the total number of light seeds found only registers as 999 rather than 1000.

(The 1001st light seed is awarded upon completing the game.)

So basically the glitch disallows players to obtain the Light Seeds Master achievement. After researching, this glitch appears to be a fairly common problem on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 so I thought it might be helpful to have a thread dedicated to it to keep everyone in the loop regarding possible fixes, tactics to avoid the glitch, etc.

It may be possible to fix the glitch by finding the missing light seed but the entire game will have to be searched since there is not indicator of which area it might be in. It also may be something that can't be fixed until ubisoft releases a patch. I have heard theories that it has to do with manual save files as apposed to autosaves.

So post your ideas, stories, opinions, thoughts, convictions, etc. and maybe the pooled wisdom of the internet can figure out the problem.

At this point the only known way to fix the glitch is to start a new game and hope it doesn't glitch the same way.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question about this glitch, when it happens, do you get the achievements for the other light seeds? or does it not give you them if you get the glitch?

I'm not sure when the glitch happened to me but I have all the light seed achievements except the one that requires 'all 1001.'

I have had the problem with having to recollect the last light seed I got before quitting, but are you saying that all the areas say 45/45, and you have 999 light seeds?

Yes, that's it. Of course, the boss areas say 25/25 but yes, the map shows all locations being 100% yet the total tally is only 999 rather than 1000.

i know what your talking about with the glitches. i saved the game at the temple

and then it just glitched when i restarted and woulnt let me leave the desert. was vast nothingness

That's a different glitch...I got the 999 light seeds glitch but the temple didn't disappear on me.

i got light seed glitched, but it's kinda different. in the king's gate? area (first area on the left) it says 43/45, but I clearly searched it thoroughly. Then on the cauldron are, on that high up balcony, there were two extra. so I thought, oh, i guess these are the two missing and they were just glitched here. so I play a bit more, turn it off, then later come back and continue playing, but I notice that my light seed count is an off number like 908 or something like that and all places are 100% except for the king's gate (43/45) but I grabbed those extra 2 so it should be all good. It's not. Thought I could beat the game and maybe I'll still get the 1001 achievement. Nope.

I end up with 999 after the last seed. go and check the king's gate and cauldron areas, nothing. Screwed.

My question is, once you experience this glitch, is it permanently related to the game disc you're playing on? For instance, if I were to start a new game, would it happen again?

Just had to rant a bit. I'm angry and sad at the same time. Wanted to finish the light seed achievements in one go, now I gotta do all that again. Still gotta get 12 hour achievement and be gentle. Sigh, I thought I could get em all in two runs, now it looks like I have to play this three times. Not saying this is a bad game or anything. I quite enjoyed it. I was just disappointed.

My question is, once you experience this glitch, is it permanently related to the game disc you're playing on? For instance, if I were to start a new game, would it happen again?

From what I've read, it is possible to get the achievement by starting over with the same game disc...but that's not to say it won't glitch again for the same reason it did the first time.

Well, when I play through again, I think someone mentioned it may be related to manual saving, I'll try not to manual save. If I do, maybe I should teleport to the temple for any manual save just to get away from any light seeds that may feel like disappearing when my game loads.

okay i havent even got to see the 999 glitch, cuz i've got a realy bad case of light seed glitch going on.

So i'm getting all the light seeds, n im at the Spire of Dreams, but i notice that im missing two of them. I searched the spire for 3 hours looking for them, read all kinds of guides, and was absolutely sure i had ALL of them in the spire, but it still said 43/45. so i just went searching other places n i would come back, but then later on i went to the Windmills, i had 42/45 and i could see the 3 i was missing from atop the Fertile ground. after i got the 3, i looked and it said 43/45, thats when i knew there was a glitch. i saved, turned off my xbox, rebooted the game, and i still had 43/45, and the 3 light seeds were gone, so i can't "re-collect" them.

Also, if it does have something to do with manual saves, it would make sense, as i don't believe in autosaves and i have saved over the same save at least 7 times, its also my manual save from before i beat the game the first time, i went back to it for the light seeds.

Now im gona have to Redo this whole game for the light seeds, damit!!

Does anyone know if i will be able to finish the game in under 12 hours and be able to get all the light seeds and not die more than 100 times?

I havent hit this glitch yet. If i do ill be mega pissed off lol, though i think a way to fix stuff like this might be to clear all the auto-saves on the hard drive. If you go to the prince of persia memory area there are like 20, each time it auto-saves it makes a new slot on the hard drive. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I played thru a second time and got the achievement without glitching...I used only manual saves and saved less often...I also did not save while standing in the same 3D space where a light seed had been. Don't know if any of it helped prevent the glitch, I had just read some theories so I tried them all, and it worked for me.

ok i was collecting the lights in the kings gate,i was at 43 out of 45,i collected one more then checked to see how many i had and STILL said 43,wtf does this mean for me ,am i screwed.i have 657 lights and have completed the game and have gone back to the last save before the boss to collect the rest of the lights, should i continue to collect the rest of them or start a new game.If i have to play this game again i will not be happy as i really dont like this game that much.I find it just as boring as assassins creed ,doing the same thing over and over again plus the boss battles are pants,the story is crap,theres an annoying noise through out the game and the scripting between the prince and elkia was poor, the only thing i liked was her ass which is in plain view as she is always on all fours,i wish there was a combo to give her one,and as for collection achievements if they put them in games they HAVE to get them right.:eek:

Edited by impatientiain