Fallout 3 PC debug achievement unlocking

Ryot Control

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it this is not consider cheating and will cause gamerscore to be removed?

Either way if I end up getting Fallout on PC I'll go though and unlock most anyways :D

So this works with THIS game?

And you do not need any other external apps/mods/programs?

Both of you are correct. The PC game ships with an in-game console option accessed by the tilde (~) that lets you manipulate a variety of things in the game. The "addachievement" command is accessible through there, and since the developer shipped the game with that enabled, it is not cheating and does not set you up to have your gamerscore reset, etc.

Both of you are correct. The PC game ships with an in-game console option accessed by the tilde (~) that lets you manipulate a variety of things in the game. The "addachievement" command is accessible through there, and since the developer shipped the game with that enabled, it is not cheating and does not set you up to have your gamerscore reset, etc.

Thanks Creech!

Got a Mac but still want this game, so going to have to get Vista or XP and run it on my mac using Bootcamp.

Awesome :) I figured as much, really surprised its been left in though :)

I also take it mods will have no affects on the achievements?

Awesome :) I figured as much, really surprised its been left in though :)

I also take it mods will have no affects on the achievements?

Correct. mods have no effect on achievements as long as LIVE is enabled.

Certain mods that require the Fallout Script Extender will disable achievements because in order for FOSE to work you have to disable LIVE. but any normal mod will work perfectly.

And technically this is cheating but not the kind of cheating that MS will ban you for or remove your gamerscore because it is built into the game. that and there is ABSOLUTELY no way to tell. other than someone got all the achievements in a half an hour lol.

@FlyingSMonster: your very right and i agree with you. but a lot of people are getting the PC version just for the extra 1000 and if they already beat it ligit on the 360 they rather do it this way.

Correct. mods have no effect on achievements as long as LIVE is enabled.

Certain mods that require the Fallout Script Extender will disable achievements because in order for FOSE to work you have to disable LIVE. but any normal mod will work perfectly.

And technically this is cheating but not the kind of cheating that MS will ban you for or remove your gamerscore because it is built into the game. that and there is ABSOLUTELY no way to tell. other than someone got all the achievements in a half an hour lol.

@FlyingSMonster: your very right and i agree with you. but a lot of people are getting the PC version just for the extra 1000 and if they already beat it ligit on the 360 they rather do it this way.

Exactly, the option is there so it is legit.

I didn't buy the DLC for the PC version but I was able to pop those achievements anyway so it should be good for the upcoming DLC as well.

Also, I'm playing legit on the 360 anyway, so it's not as if I'm cheating myself out of the experience. Hell, I paid 60 bucks for it. But then again, I won't knock a person for doing what they want; if you got the money, do what you want with it. (Provided it's within ToS of course.)

Anyone want to assume that this will work with all future DLC for the PC version? I think I'll pick the game up just for this and trade it in on RE5 when I'm finished.

What Neok said, you cannot trade in PC Games, as they have CD Keys. Anyone could write down the cd key, burn a copy of the game and have the game with CD key and trade it in.