Fallout 3 PC debug achievement unlocking

Ryot Control

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh, cool!

My friend just got it for me and put it on my comp because i have no idea how to work it!

But coolio, easy 1k. How do i get the dlc for it though? Does it work like 360?

You can buy it through the GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE marketplace that should be in your all programs in the start menu. costs 800 points.

if you already bought it for the xbox 360 you will have to buy it again but if you don't want to and just want the achievements you can just use the cheat codes to get the 4 achievements.

Its crazy that it takes 60+ hours to get this on the 360 version and can be done in 60 seconds on the PC. Can't believe Bethesda let the game go out like this but I suppose I shouldn't be complaining! I was gona get this game anyway for the PC just as something to do whenever I'm bored and not around the Xbox or whatever. Don't think I'll use this little snippet of information but might for some of the more cumbersome achievements, like just play the game through Evil and then get all the other Karma achievements this way!

You can buy it through the GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE marketplace that should be in your all programs in the start menu. costs 800 points.

if you already bought it for the xbox 360 you will have to buy it again but if you don't want to and just want the achievements you can just use the cheat codes to get the 4 achievements.

OHhh dang, i can get the dlc achievements without buying using the same method!?!?!?!

Even though I can see people using this to get achievements, I disagree with it. Seriously play the game all the way through, and earn the achievements yourselves. It's really a great game and you will have much fun doing it.

STFU i disagree with ur crap talking,everyone is old and wise enough to make their own disisons ( or however you write it ),and someone who's whining about that is just jalous cuz he can't play Fallout 3 on his pc,cuz he's still using windows 3.11.

So STFU whiner about other people,

Damn i get so angry when other people interfere with some WHAT ISNT THEIR BUSSINES!!

Wow... thats pretty much epic.

They haven't said anything about stopping this from working have they?

nothing so far. this method is all over the official fallout forums, the Games For Windows LIVE forums and just about any other place on the internet so microsoft and bethesda sure as hell knows and if they havn't fixed it by now i doubt they plan on it.

I think they did it becuase bethesda knew that there would be mods coming out that would be forced to disable LIVE and because of that they did this so people could use those mods. I have LIVE disabled on my copy now becuase i have a mod that lets me actually sprint by holding L-Shift instead of just the default walk and 'run'

STFU i disagree with ur crap talking,everyone is old and wise enough to make their own disisons ( or however you write it ),and someone who's whining about that is just jalous cuz he can't play Fallout 3 on his pc,cuz he's still using windows 3.11.

So STFU whiner about other people,

Damn i get so angry when other people interfere with some WHAT ISNT THEIR BUSSINES!!

LOL I'm running on windows 2.4 right now took me 3 minutes to load this page.

EDIT: I'm searching now but can someone find a copy of this game at a cheap price. Was gonna buy for the GECK now im gonna get achieves too. SWEET!

Edited by RPDfire

bit of advice to everyone. ONLY BUY NEW SEALED COPIES. Any used copy might be used for a reason. Microsoft will disable CD-keys if they're used too many times and thats usually why people sell them cheap online.

PC games drop in price VERY fast and i've already seen Fallout 3 on sale at a few places for $30. You could go pick a copy up at a circuit city for 30% off but make sure that it's fully sealed before you buy.

nothing so far. this method is all over the official fallout forums, the Games For Windows LIVE forums and just about any other place on the internet so microsoft and bethesda sure as hell knows and if they havn't fixed it by now i doubt they plan on it.

I think they did it becuase bethesda knew that there would be mods coming out that would be forced to disable LIVE and because of that they did this so people could use those mods. I have LIVE disabled on my copy now becuase i have a mod that lets me actually sprint by holding L-Shift instead of just the default walk and 'run'

How does the game get disabled from live?

How does the game get disabled from live?

LIVE on a PC game constantly checks for changes in code so certain things are much harder to do. Trainers for example which are cheating devices change parts of the games code while they run and with LIVE games it makes trainers incredibly hard to make. for GTA4 it was practically impossible until the first patch. And even when these trainers are made, the game can still crash every once and a while when LIVE finds the trainer.

But this also can effect mods. Certain fallout mods use a program called Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) Because FOSE changes the games code and scrips that are running it's forced to disable LIVE otherwise the game would just crash as soon as you loaded your save.

Though because there is no multiplayer and you only really need LIVE for the achievements and DLC there's nothing wrong with disabling it from LIVE. i have mine disabled to use FOSE and i'll have it that way until The Pitt comes out.

Just installed it now, but I was prompted for an update, and it is nearly at the end of download bar and is just staying there?

Happens a lot. wait 5-10 minutes and if it never finishes just install the patch manually outside of the game. thats what i always do and have yet to have any problems.

Windows really wasn't made to install patches to programs while they're running so it still has some issues.

Just installed it now, but I was prompted for an update, and it is nearly at the end of download bar and is just staying there?

Happened to me also, waited 30 minutes and nothing. Went to Bethesda's website downloaded the patch and ran it, game loaded properly.

Also, my laptop wasn't supposed to be able to run the game (only a 128 MB dedicated graphics card) but I managed to run the game long enough to enter the cheat codes.

So it will sign me out of Live when say no to getting the patch, then I get the patch from Bethseda, install it and the game will connect me to Live again?

Yup, you will probably have to get the Games For Windows updates as well and if it doesn't update automatically, someone already posted how to get the update without running Games For Windows at the same time.

It seriously took me more time to install Fallout 3, Games For Windows, and their corresponding patches, and retrieve my gametag than it took me to get the full 1100 GS