Fallout 3 PC debug achievement unlocking

Ryot Control

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i went over a friends and logged onto my live tag and played a bit of fallout on his pc. I knew about this and showed him how it was done. Im not much of a fan of playing rpg style games on the pc and plan to play fallout on 360 so i decided to just put the codes in to get all the achievements unlocked. So am i still eligible for the 1000 club for the PC version and DLC? or not. If im not i dont mind.

Can anyone help tell me where I can type in the live access code?

when you start the game just select LIVE from the main menu and it will eventually ask your for it in order for you to log in.

Edited by Never Final

This way will work with Direct2Drive and Steam versions as well. as long as the game has LIVE enabled and it's a legal bought and paid for copy you can use this.

@kalscension: if the version you put your stuff into is a bought and paid for version then yea you can start a new game under your gamertag and get the 1100 gamerscore.

Yes there's a trick to complete the whole Halo 2 (PC) campaign in 1 minute and unlock about 600G. But it is cheating as it requires you to rename some files in the install folder.

Microsoft doesn't ban you though as the can't see it.

Sorry but both Fallout3 and the Halo2 bugs are straight out cheating.

Sorry but both Fallout3 and the Halo2 bugs are straight out cheating.

halo 2 glitch is straight out cheating yes.

Fallout 3 is cheating, but only because they're cheat codes. The developers left them in and Microsoft does not care and will not do anything if you do. therefor it is not against the code of conduct or anything like that and Microsoft does not consider it cheating.

Now, if you want to know why it was done. It's a very simple one word answer.

MODS.

PC versions of games almost always get modded at some point. Oblivion has probably 15,000 mods for it if not more.

Fallout 3 has about 4000 right now of which around 100 require the use of a program called Fallout Script Extender which DISABLES LIVE. So for people that use that they can use these quick cheats, get their achievements and then go back into the game with their mods.

I got 1000/1000 totally legit in around 20 hours of gameplay. But since i now use FOSE for a run mod and a nano suit mod when The Pitt and Broken Steel come out i'll be loading up an older save, cheating for the 9 achievements and then loading my save with FOSE and playing through all the DLC and doing everything anyway.

• 1 year later...

No you don't. If you are only after the achievements then you can just put addachievement 01 until 78 I believe for all achievements without buying the actual content. You'll get those achievements too owning just the game itself, not the DLC. It is possible to get 1550 points out of it.

I did the addachievement for the last 5 achieves i needed. Now when I go onto my 360 and look at my games and i click on my fallout 3 pc, it says i have all the achieves and 1550 gs but for the 5 achieves i put the codes in for, its not showing the picture of the achieves, it still says they are locked.

so wait......you type in this add achievement thing.........can you type this in for all the DLC achievements even if you dont have the DLC for your pc?

yea you definitely can, all 72 achievements can be unlocked by typing in that code. plenty of youtube videos showing it as well. i recommend fooling around on the PC version though if you love the game like i do. there are so many free mods for it, like a rifle that shoots mini nukes at rapid rife, so awesome.

• 1 month later...

I was iffy on doing this, but I figured I'm gonna end up buying the GOTY edition for the xbox anyways, I might as well, but then after all 72 (or 60 remaining of the ones I hadn't gotten legit) popped it didn't add it to my total gamerscore. It does however show all 72 achievements unlocked in the list and says I have the 1550 out of 1550 GS when compared to friends achievement lists. Recovering my gamertag now on the xbox...let's hope that sets things straight.

EDIT>> Recovered my GT on the 360 and it added the 1550 GS to my total gamerscore :) So yeah I guess that proves this method still works. On a side note I didn't purchase a single DLC pack either and I had no problem getting those achievos

Edited by KookieMnster
Update

• 3 weeks later...

So no one here's had their GS reset from doing this? Cause I know someone who just had their GS reset and this is the only reason they can think of that would've caused it. They've used exploits in other games to get the odd achievement as well but never used gamesaves or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I was interested in getting Fallout 3 for PC. I was told though that whenever you open up a console command the game automatically signs you off from Live thereby making unlocking achievements.

I have no idea if any of this is true and even their information is hearsay. Can some one please clear this out for me.

So no one here's had their GS reset from doing this? Cause I know someone who just had their GS reset and this is the only reason they can think of that would've caused it. They've used exploits in other games to get the odd achievement as well but never used gamesaves or anything.

I don't see how, Bethesda put the console commands in the game. Your friend is lying.

I was interested in getting Fallout 3 for PC. I was told though that whenever you open up a console command the game automatically signs you off from Live thereby making unlocking achievements.

I have no idea if any of this is true and even their information is hearsay. Can some one please clear this out for me.

I'm not sure if they patched it. It never hurts to try though.

Edited by veece16