Rush Equipment for Ancient Ruins Grinding

SalParadise

Hey guys,

New member here. This is a great thread and it seems ALOT of ppl have put in ALOT of hours into this game and figuring out all this info.

Right now I've just entered the Ancient Ruins at BR 43. My party is Rush and Caedmon, Jager and Torgal, Emmy and Irina as my 6 leaders. I can take down the Rockgraters when they appear on the 1st level (as long as there are only 1 or 2 of them in the battle) but I got worked by Ymir and his 2 birds. I expected as much since I just got there and haven't done any grinding yet.

So, to my question. At this stage in the game, does anyone recall what equipment is good for Rush to have? I have a feeling my stuff is pretty weak, that's why I'm asking. I'm using dual swords and one of em is that Fire Sword I got from the 9 shards quest on Disc One.

Also, for formations, I'm using Athlum's Arrow for most of the unions. Is there anything more effective at this stage in the game? If anyone can give some help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Edited by SalParadise

Well first of all, try fighting Ymir by himself

Fighting him AND the two sky dragons when first entering the Ancient Ruins is suicide

You're right about your weapons being weak if one of them is Vespia (sp?) the fire sword

Buy two Katana and upgrade them as much as you can and they'll be much better than what you have now

Although you said you're up to the Ancient Ruins and what your BR is, it would help if you told us what part of the story you're up to so we know what formations you can unlock at this point

Well, I just got Irina in my party and did the 1 sidequest needed to get Jager, so that's it. I planned on getting to BR 70 and then continuing the main story. Ah, I didn't notice I could fight just Ymir, hahaha. I guess that would make it quite a bit easier. So, 2 Katanas and then upgrade, got it. Hopefully I have most of the items needed. But I just spent all 65,000 of my cash on Jager, so I'll need to get money too. In that case I should prolly do some grinding 1st to capture some monsters for cash and then upgrade those Katanas. Anything else u can add would be great. Thanks!!

Two things to add then:

Instead of counting on catching monsters for money, farm a bandit (rare) as they give a decent amount of money each time

The weapon you want to end up with from a Katana is a Tataraichi, search it on google (or on here even) and you should find a guide to upgrade to it

EDIT: For the formations, unless you can be bothered listing each one you have, the best thing to do would be to change into each formation and see which works best, and also look here:

http://guides.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/944744/The-Last-Remnant/page_127.html

That will tell you what formations you can unlock for doing certain guild tasks