Anyone else finding this game insanely difficult?

friedmad

I stumbled thru the first couple of missions in the pre-amble campaign not really knowing what the frack i was doing, then got my butt handed to me in the 4th(?) mission?

the audio command interface is kinda cool but it doesnt cover every command, like ordering units to occupy buildings, to take cover, etc.

im on the easiest difficulty and still gettin my guys blown to hell. any advice? i'm about to go postal on the game disc

• 2 weeks later...
Just understand the combat triangle and know what units have advantages over the other. Play through the Prelude to War a couple times and get used to everything before you go full fledged into WW3.

The problem with these achievements are that Hardcore is insane, and the online achievements take far too much boosting. Hardcore offers psychic enemies, all ranked higher, more upgraded, with seemingly higher CP replenish ratios than you have. Online requires an insane level of boosting, as some of the achievements would be extremely hard to unlock without boosting, while others, as far as I can tell, would literally be impossible. If you can legitimately win 5 times in a row while playing online, never taking a single point of damage over any of those 5 wins, more power to you.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also having an insanely hard time with the hardcode mode and I can all my games on the hardest difficulty.

I have found that I can beat the computer no problem until around turn 16ish.

By that time he has so many upgrades that it takes 2 tanks to kill 1 of their transports.

The best way to win I find is always start with 1 transport, 1 tank, 1 infrantry. and deploy one infantry when you start (to capture the nearest node)

Put the initial infantry in the transport and go straight for the middle node.

Computer always sends in a gunship with the infantry and it will die quickly to your transport. Then you will normally see a transport coming, use the tank that you brought to kill it. This will kill his initial wave and you can then move towards his spawn and kill the enemies one by one (best case), worst case, you can usually kill alot of units and mainly keep them busy while you use a combination of transported infantry and deep strike to capture the nodes while they fight your foward attack force.

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I stumbled thru the first couple of missions in the pre-amble campaign not really knowing what the frack i was doing, then got my butt handed to me in the 4th(?) mission?

the audio command interface is kinda cool but it doesnt cover every command, like ordering units to occupy buildings, to take cover, etc.

im on the easiest difficulty and still gettin my guys blown to hell. any advice? i'm about to go postal on the game disc

This game has definitely the 10/10 difficulty compared to other ones, so you're required to be more patient, smarter in case you're willing to get full 1220 points. maximize your skill and communicate with your friends so all of you can level up very soon.

yes i was so inspired by the voice-control too, it makes me feel like i am the real commander that gives orders to my fellow soldiers. some times I had to sacrifice them, I felt the pain, but victories were on my side. some times I lost but I learned the better tactics, I was satisfied. it will makes you focus on this game for a long time so you will have your wallet full of money soon lol.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
This game has definitely the 10/10 difficulty compared to other ones, so you're required to be more patient, smarter in case you're willing to get full 1220 points. maximize your skill and communicate with your friends so all of you can level up very soon.

yes i was so inspired by the voice-control too, it makes me feel like i am the real commander that gives orders to my fellow soldiers. some times I had to sacrifice them, I felt the pain, but victories were on my side. some times I lost but I learned the better tactics, I was satisfied. it will makes you focus on this game for a long time so you will have your wallet full of money soon lol.

I totally agree