A Rumble Roses Achievement Diary

graemelunn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CC99999

Alright! I just got the championship with Benikage.

My quest:

Play Time: 61 hours 9 minutes

Start Up: 182 Times

Unlock Rate: 7.9%

Single Play: 757 matches

Achievements: 110 GS

huzzah!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest CC99999

GSL is stopping me from continuing on this game- but I still have a strange fondness for the challenge. I'm unlocking all of the costumes as I can and I'm on my way to winning all the belts!

I've been meaning to get back to work on this game for some time now. I'm sitting at 250 after about 50 hours or so. I've unlocked all the costumes in the store with the exception of the alter egos. Its just a matter of getting cash to pay for them.

Rather than trying to fulfill some of the rediculious unlock conditions, I used a quicker way. Many of the costumes unlock in the shop after a certain amount of startups. I simply loaded my game, saved and quit, then repeat. I believe you need to do this 228 times.

Other costumes unlock for playing a certain amount of queen's matches. I just started up a queen's match and then would forfeit the match. This will count as one play, so you can continue this process as long as you need to. (116 times I think)

The last category of costumes unlock for playing a certain amount of matches using the alter egos. You can just repeat the method for the queen's match, or just play them out seeing as you will need the cash anyway.

That's my game plan, definitely loads easier than trying to get specific matches. Hopefully this will help you guys out.

Rather than trying to fulfill some of the rediculious unlock conditions, I used a quicker way. Many of the costumes unlock in the shop after a certain amount of startups. I simply loaded my game, saved and quit, then repeat. I believe you need to do this 228 times.

Other costumes unlock for playing a certain amount of queen's matches. I just started up a queen's match and then would forfeit the match. This will count as one play, so you can continue this process as long as you need to. (116 times I think)

The last category of costumes unlock for playing a certain amount of matches using the alter egos. You can just repeat the method for the queen's match, or just play them out seeing as you will need the cash anyway.

Killer, I wish you'd posted this advice months ago - I unlocked all my costumes the hard way :rant:

• 3 weeks later...

Signing up for the diary!

After reading this thread I'm determined to get back into RRXX. Long story short, this game was my introduction to gamesaving. I have 290 GS, scored around June/July 2006, and at the time was stoked to be at the top of my country's leaderboard for a game. Then pretty much overnight people had 1000. WTF?! Since then I've hated seeing this on anyones card.

But now, I really want these points, I reckon we can all get 650 easily, just takes a hell of a lot of patience.

Just loaded it up for the first time in 8 months.

Start-ups 158

Queens matches 32

Now I gotta remember how to play...

My strategy for now...

Start the game and either -

- save and quit (to rack up start-ups)

- forfeit a queens match and save, quit (thanks killer 47)

- play the reward match if one's available, save, quit

- check for a tag match, win for money, save, quit

The quickest way I know to make money is a tag match with Miss Spencer.

- Left + Y for bitch slap (turns opponent around)

- Left + Y atomic drop x3

- LB for finisher then pinfall.

About 28 seconds per match. 2040 RR credits for BOTH girls.

Any other methods would be appreciated, I have all of Miss Spencers costumes, but I'm using her to raise money for the other girls. I should be using someone else, but I'm still rusty at this game.

Update :

I've done all the start-ups and played the reward matches, so I've unlocked everything for all 10 original girls except -

Marine gift (flower): Make opponents experience penalty games 1 - 13 in Queens Match mode. You can fight any of the characters when doing this, OR Play Queen's Match (x) times

Marine gift (scallop): Make opponents experience penalty games 14 - 26 in Queens Match mode. You can fight any of the characters when doing this, OR Play Queen's Match (x) times

The highest (x) is 116, but the stats don't record the total number of Queen's matches, just a count for each girl. Can I play and quit 116 matches to unlock the rest, or is it better to do penalties 1-26 with each girl?

Then for the alter-ego's, I have to play 80 matches with each, and that should unlock al costumes in the game...

Gamerscore 290

Play time 73:40

Unlock rate 6.0%

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CC99999

Ah good times (not really). I just won the title with BBD giving me 12 titles. I still haven't unlocked Noble Rose (screwed that one up), but I am getting closer to getting all of the title belts. I have unlocked 8.0%.

It's funny, you forget about this game for a while and then it's sort of fun playing it again.

Guest CC99999

I am starting the title trek with Dr. Anesthesia. I have Sgt. Clements and Great Khan left (Noble Rose and Yasha are still locked :( ).

150 points, 8.3% unlocked.

Guest CC99999

Joey,

Have you started playing with the Lambdas yet? I don't have a clear understanding on what to do with them and how or when to use them.

Select a Lambda from EDIT in the character change screen, then left and right cycles through the 30 variations. Then choose customize to change their name and appearance. Body size and muscle tone can be changed immediately, not sure what this is for, maybe makes you stronger, or maybe just for looks. You can also add entrance music from your hard drive.

Now, you can change their move set, but not individual moves. Choose from 30 variations of Technique (power, speed, ninja, judo, wrestling, shooter) and set your Ability to either wrestling, submission, strike or lucha libre. Just a case of finding a good move set.

All costumes are unlocked for all Lambda's from the get-go! Just gotta earn the cash...

Guest CC99999

Thanks Joey,

What you said makes sense.

Update from me:

Play Time 77 hours 22 minutes

Start up 280

Unlock Rate: 8.9%

Single Play 953

250 GS!

Guest CC99999

Stayed up way later than I should have :)

Miss Spencer Costumes Complete:

83 hours 26 minutes

298 start up

10.1% unlocked.

1068 matches.

270 GS

Doh! I've been playing on easy the whole time, just realised you get more money on hard. 2850 for a tag match! Just thought I'd let everyone know. Also make sure lethal charge and h-point chartge meters are set to fastest, and turn entrances off, anything I forgot?

Great to see people doing this, motivates me. Hope to see Graeme back soon...