DLC Achievement Guide.

littlejay

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I found really funny about this game is, they had Elika save you instead of you dying, so as not to interrupt the flow of the game (according to Ubi). The thing is though, everything else about Elika interrupts the flow of the game. Constantly switching places with her, waiting to put her on your back, etc.... I'd rather die when I die and not have to deal with Elika's crap.

LOL, I totally agree with you Demon, I couldn't have said it better!

DITTO i just miss it every time by like half a second how did u guys do it any faster:confused:?

I think I found a way, or was extremely lucky! For me, I basically timed my run on the wall to a T (so i didn't stop) and when I got to the down slide thing I pressed RB STRAIGHT away and really just hoped for the best. I got it after the second time. I think the second you get to the down slide, press RB. you WILL get it though, just keep trying

I really hope that helps! (or made sense!)

And thank you VERY much for the guide, it helped me a great deal with getting the frescos!

Can anyone be a little more specific on the "Best Offense is a Good Defense" achievement? I've been following the guide but just can't seem to get it.

Just simply deflect the attack of a normal monster than as soon as you have succesfully deflected it, start to push it into a wall or over an edge using Elika, and sword attacks. Make sure that you have deflected it first before you combo it.

Can anyone help out with fresco number 4 I don't quite get where it is?

Fresco four is in the same room as three. When you drain the room it will have a cut scene where you see the rest of the corruption drain out. Don't use the plate that is on the wall, instead look toward the plate and up to the left.

Anyone else think that having to save everytime you hit solid ground is really tedious? What a shitty achievement list.

the only reason they say or said to save after every solid ground is to ensure that you get the achievement, they only way u REALLY have to is if your at 19 or 20(w/e the ach calls for)

so dont be mad about it, they are just suggesting the way that will get it 100%

im having problems with the 5th minion thingy, you said to wait for elika to catch up, and i do, when i get to the slide down part( crack in the wall) she slows me down, do i gripfall before i get to that thing or what? ima try again, ty in advance for the reply

Yup, soldier #5 is annoying. An easy way to speed kill him is hit RT just before the prince reaches the fissure. That way, the prince doesn't catch elika -- he's already sliding down the wall.

Mission accomplished. Number 5 is road kill. :woop:

For enemy # 5 after 1st shapeshifter, I found that by sliding down the wall before you reach it makes it easier, camera's slightly askew when I did it but everytime I reached the sliding wall, Elika always had to be grabbed so better to start gripfalling before you catch it

For Speed Kill #5 I ran the wall, used the ring, then immediately hit the right trigger and slid down and right on the wall. saves a good 3 seconds i'd say. I got it my first try, but I came awful close to some blobs, so I don't know if this is a reliable way or not.

Anyone want to see if this looks hard but is easy?

For Speed Kill #5 I ran the wall, used the ring, then immediately hit the right trigger and slid down and right on the wall. saves a good 3 seconds i'd say. I got it my first try, but I came awful close to some blobs, so I don't know if this is a reliable way or not.

Anyone want to see if this looks hard but is easy?

I actually just posted something similar to this... Basically, there are two vertical cracks where you end up sliding down with your claw. What you want to do is hit RT right BEFORE the crack and just after the corruption ball so you start sliding down without wasting time grabbing the crack and lowering yourself down enough to start the descent. It also stops Elika grabbing you and slowing you down even more so it can save you 3 seconds. Do the same at the second crack just after the ring and corruption and this time, like two or three feet from the floor (1 meter/metre for my Brit friends) you want to hit "A" to jump away from the wall and start pounding on "X" to get him before he spawns...

Edited by B1indSide

I haven't downloaded the Epilogue yet, so I don't REALLY know what I'm talking about, but...

How is it possible to get "Born Dead" AND "The Best Offense Is Good Defense" in one playthrough? Or are the "soldiers" referred to in the achievement description different from the normal enemies (weren't they called soldiers of Ahriman?...)? Are the standard enemies scattered about in addition to these "soldiers" or are they the same? Will I ever stop asking questions?

Thanks!

I haven't downloaded the Epilogue yet, so I don't REALLY know what I'm talking about, but...

How is it possible to get "Born Dead" AND "The Best Offense Is Good Defense" in one playthrough? Or are the "soldiers" referred to in the achievement description different from the normal enemies (weren't they called soldiers of Ahriman?...)? Are the standard enemies scattered about in addition to these "soldiers" or are they the same? Will I ever stop asking questions?

Thanks!

I personally got The Best Defense when I fought the King in the first fight of the Epilogue. Just counter into long combos.