Survival Assistant

hoddans

Not Brock, it's another old lady named Lindsay on day 2 I think.

I believe you are correct here. I recall fighting Brock. There are two chances to take down the Halls family (sniper guys) and they alone have enough food to last a LONG time. :) I survived the entire 7 days off of psychos and survivors alone except for a few smaller items.

On another note, I sent jackanape a message to see if he could sticky this thread and maybe get it permanently posted to the top of this Dead Rising thread. We'll see what happens. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome tool. This should definitely be helpful for my second attempt.

My first attempt got thwarted by a rogue thunderstorm that hit me with a split second power outage when I was at 4 and a half days. There was a lot of thunder and lightning, but nothing I could do about it. Weather reports for my area showed that it was supposed to be clear all day so they ruined it for me.

As soon as the power flickered, the storm pretty much disappeared, like it was some big joke to me.

I'll be trying this as well. I'm a bit unsure about Infinity Mode but hopefully this thing can help me get through it. Now I just need to find 14 hours to spare. x_x

EDIT: Seems to be working great so far. I can see where all the good food drops will be to go kill people. I wasn't prepared for all this waiting to be so boring, though. :( Capcom really should have put a save and quit feature in here just so people can get a break without leaving their 360's on for a while. They could have used the "you can only load this save once and then it deletes itself" model...

EDIT 2: For crying out loud this sucks. I need a video game for entertainment while I play a video game! x_x

However, the assistant is very helpful! Probably the only good thing about the entire Infinity Mode experience. :p I love this thing, you can see where all the people are to kill for food and also you can mark off any "just lying around" food that you pick up. Very useful to see where I should go next to grab some more food before waiting around for an hour or two directing Frank to eat.

EDIT 3: Dammit, I went after Sniper Carlito with a RMB and he managed to kill me again. Bastard. Next time I leave him alone. Wasted an entire day because of that cock. :(

I've got a question. That Strategy Wiki first says not to go into the Food Court on day 5. Then later in the safe spots section it says not to go there on day 4. Which is it? Apparently Steven is in there on day 4 with two pieces of food worth 12 health boxes which makes it appealing to go in there. But if the game would freeze on day 4, it wouldn't be worth it.

EDIT 4: Damn. As you can see from my profile, I am never doing that again. And screw going for a high score: I promptly let Frank get swarmed by zombies as soon as the 7 Day Survivor achievement popped. My final score was 7:00:06. :p

Would have been a real pain the ass without this assistant, though. Really good work, hoddans. If I come across anyone who mentions that they're going for Infinity Mode achievements, I'll definitely be recommending that they use this.

Also, special thanks to Maddox and George Carlin, both of whose work kept me from entering a boredom induced coma in between pressing X to make Frank eat every 20 minutes. Now if you all will excuse me I'm going to bed, where I should have been about an hour ago. x_x

Edited by mjc0961

This tool is a miracle, sir. It really is. I commend you for your work on it.

I was tearing right along last night. Hit 5 days and went to The Warehouse to care of the new Kent. Got his items and used them up at 5 days, 7 hours, 20 minutes (4:7:20) and went to the door to PP and it froze on me. It was smooth sailing from there. Just grab a few items from PP, hang out on the SMG awning and wait until close to 6pm while The Hall Family was still in EP, take them out, and just chill in the antique store until the achievement popped.

Have the game installed to the drive as well. Hopefully that lock-up was a one-time occurance, but I think I'm going to avoid the Warehouse and Kent on my next run. I'll just be on the awning at 4:0:0 and hang out as long as I can with the items from PP.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say thanks for this tool; it is by far the best thing I've 'discovered' on the site to date.

I'm not saying I'm not grateful for a lot of the guides as they have helped me out immeasurably, but sometimes I do just feel as though I'm simply following guidelines to the letter. This tool gives you all the information, but still lets you choose your own path.

Legendary stuff mate, thanks again...I have finally put Dead Rising to rest!

• 4 weeks later...

on day 3 of my run and this tool is AMAZINGLY USEFUL XD thank you soooo much. 1 quick Q for example:

Truck Carlito blah blah blah Day 1, 12:00AM

Day 5, 11:59PM

does this mean he appears on day 1 @ 12 and dissapears day 5 @ 11:59???

any clarification would be great thanks again xD

1 quick Q for example:

Truck Carlito blah blah blah Day 1, 12:00AM

Day 5, 11:59PM

does this mean he appears on day 1 @ 12 and dissapears day 5 @ 11:59???

any clarification would be great thanks again xD

Correct. The top time is the start and the bottom is the end. He will remain in the tunnel until you kill him or the clock reaches the end time.

I just wanted to say thanks for this tool; it is by far the best thing I've 'discovered' on the site to date.

I'm not saying I'm not grateful for a lot of the guides as they have helped me out immeasurably, but sometimes I do just feel as though I'm simply following guidelines to the letter. This tool gives you all the information, but still lets you choose your own path.

Legendary stuff mate, thanks again...I have finally put Dead Rising to rest!

Thank you, that was the intention. I wanted to make a tool so gamers can play using their style. Survival Assistant is basically a database that keeps track of what time it is in the game. The rest is up to the player.

• 1 month later...

Hey, thanks a lot for this Hoddans! This was a huge help. I got 12 days with little difficulty and would have gotten further if I hadn't accidentally let Frank starve to death.

I noticed two discrepancies on your timeline, though, and thought you might be interested.

According to your utility, Adam appears in Paradise Plaza on Day 7 from Midnight until 11:59 p.m., but that doesn't appear to be so. I've gone looking for him on two separate survivor attempts and wasn't able to find him either time. According to The Big List of Stuff, he's only there until 7:00 a.m. I can't verify that, but almost everyone else is where your utility says they're going to be, with one other exception:

Brock. According to your utility, Brock should be on the Helipad for two whole days, from the beginning of Day 7 until the end of Day 8. I sought him out on Day 8, but he wasn't there. Is it possible that he is only there for Day 7?

Again, thank you so much. I think I'm going to give Infinite Mode one more go because I really want to get at least sixteen days, and your utility is a Godsend!

Yay, I got the 7 day survivor achievement today. I used the assistent all the way! I ended up killing the Sniper family at the Entrance Plaza right before they disappeared. Locked myself up in the antique store, and had plenty of food left to reach the 7th day :)

This is by far the best help I've seen, specially cause it allows you to go your own way.

Thanks alot for creating this Survival Assistent :)

Quite simply the best game 'utility' I have come across in ages. Thank you! I have been trying to get this achievement on and off for a VERY long time. Dusted the game off this New Year and was lucky enough to find this on my second attempt (having mucked up big time at 4 and 1/2 days) when I was just about to snap the disk and forget about my 1000 GP. Hopefully just about to get the 7 day achievo as I write this and thought I should just send my thanks.

I have no idea how on earth you made the app, but it is awesome. I look forward to a similar thing for DR2! :p

Cheers Hoddans, and a happy new year to you!

Hey, thanks a lot for this Hoddans! This was a huge help. I got 12 days with little difficulty and would have gotten further if I hadn't accidentally let Frank starve to death.

I noticed two discrepancies on your timeline, though, and thought you might be interested.

According to your utility, Adam appears in Paradise Plaza on Day 7 from Midnight until 11:59 p.m., but that doesn't appear to be so. I've gone looking for him on two separate survivor attempts and wasn't able to find him either time. According to The Big List of Stuff, he's only there until 7:00 a.m. I can't verify that, but almost everyone else is where your utility says they're going to be, with one other exception:

Brock. According to your utility, Brock should be on the Helipad for two whole days, from the beginning of Day 7 until the end of Day 8. I sought him out on Day 8, but he wasn't there. Is it possible that he is only there for Day 7?

Again, thank you so much. I think I'm going to give Infinite Mode one more go because I really want to get at least sixteen days, and your utility is a Godsend!

All times on the big list have been confirmed now by a few of us 17d survivors, though he had a few errors that lasted over a year till I finally got him to change them :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: im at 5 days when i was in entrance plaza do I have to go to another load map to get the achievement because I'm not getting it >.>. It looks to me i have to put myself 1 hour before in order for your time to be matched. I was at 4:09:10, it read 5days, 9:10 unless I'm doing the time wrong. I put myself at 3:09:10 instead so the web time could read 4 days. Even if my real time is at 4:09:10

Edited by deathreaper99

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...