Updated Alone in the Dark Guide

Andrew x360a

Thanks for the heads up on the spray bottles and bandages guys. I'll get the guide changed and pull those combinations out. Maybe one of these days we'll finally narrow down the exact combination that's actually necessary.

Has anyone gotten the achievement without making the empty bottle combinations? Someone was supposed to play and check for me, but they didn't like the game and havn't finished it yet.

Edited by Andrew x360a

Thanks for the heads up on the spray bottles and bandages guys. I'll get the guide changed and pull those combinations out. Maybe one of these days we'll finally narrow down the exact combination that's actually necessary.

Has anyone gotten the achievement without making the empty bottle combinations? Someone was supposed to play and check for me, but they didn't like the game and havn't finished it yet.

Ya know.. if you can skip sequences as much as you'd like.. I could do this in chapter 3 on an offline profile and find out right now. Be right back?

Edit: WOW! I just found out that putting batteries in your flashlight is necessary for this achievement.. so for now you can add Flashlight + Batteries to the list.

Second edit: Confirmed needing to 'reload' your gun from the inventory screen.. so you can also add Gun + Bullets. This is getting interesting..

Third edit: Something.. went wrong? I forgot something or something didn't register. As a sidenote (what I was just trying to test), I think you may also need Bullets + Gas which you might want to specify would be Loaded Gun + Explosive Bottle.

Edited by Jimm

I think I just broke the game.. I just got the achievement by only doing the following combinations:

Bullets (Loaded Gun) + Gas (Explosive Bottle)

Gun + Bullets

Flashlight + Batteries

Bloodpack + Double-Sided Tape

Flare + Double-Sided Tape

Note: Going to try that again and see what happens..

Edit: Yea, sorry, it was just a glitch. Really wish I could have come back and said that was all we needed all along, haha.

Second edit: Umm.. I quit? Went through the entire list twice and didn't get the achievement on this profile. Makes up for the fact that I 'glitched' it last try? Sorry, I tried.. but it just doesn't want to let me confirm whether or not you need the empty bottle combinations.

Edited by Jimm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - this guide (and many others) have helped me out a lot so I thought I would register to pass on a tip regarding the handyman achievement.

I can confirm that I made all of the items in the list here except the empty bottle ones.

However in addition I had to combine two bottles (one half-empty) which allows you to transfer liquid from one to the other. I hadn't done this at any other point in the game and when I did it the achievement unlocked.

Thanks again and I hope that helps someone else out!

Thank you very much for that piece of information Logan. I'll update the guide with it. Hopefully that's the final word on what's necessary for this achievement. Welcome to the site as a registered member. I hope you stick around and get involved in the community. We can always use more people who are willing to pass along useful to tips and advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...