Achievement Guide and Road Map

swordoflife

Got a question. Had no problems, with the career events on highest difficulty in the first camp. But already in the 2nd camp Tsunami..... I only win 3 of the 9 career events on the highest difficulty. On the other 6, the CPU is always faster than I am. I lost 2 or 3 races right in front of the finish!

What is the problem?

Haha that's the ai for you. Try the races again once you've had a little more time to get used to the cars and stuff.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't need 2 stars to unlock rider gear - you just have to beat a race on any difficulty to unlock that item of clothing, along with the doppler truck/maverick vehicle linked to that race.

i.e. you can go through the whole game on rookie & still unlock all clothes, trucks & mavericks. The only time you would HAVE TO go up a difficulty level is if you don't have enough stars to unlock the next zone(s)

you don't need 2 stars to unlock rider gear - you just have to beat a race on any difficulty to unlock that item of clothing, along with the doppler truck/maverick vehicle linked to that race.

i.e. you can go through the whole game on rookie & still unlock all clothes, trucks & mavericks. The only time you would HAVE TO go up a difficulty level is if you don't have enough stars to unlock the next zone(s)

Are you absolutely sure about that? I thought you needed to two star a race to unlock the trucks...

I'm pretty sure you need at least 2 stars to unlock gear and trucks and mavericks. if you can confirm though i will change it.

Also my achievement is not glitched!

I can confirm. I have gotten Doppler trucks and Mavericks on 1 star races. I don't pay attention to the gear, but it stands to reason that you would as well. I can say with about 90% certainty that I have never unlocked gear, Dopplers, or Mavericks on a race I reran at a higher difficulty.

litlle tip for the prophet in own country:

edit a race and put the start and finish really close to eachother.

So you just have to drive max. 10 sec to get there.

This is also working for the 30 custom races you didn't create.

Just do this with all your fuel friends and before you know it you got all the online achievements. whhoohooo

Sorry for my typing i'm dutch :woop:

Got a question. Had no problems, with the career events on highest difficulty in the first camp. But already in the 2nd camp Tsunami..... I only win 3 of the 9 career events on the highest difficulty. On the other 6, the CPU is always faster than I am. I lost 2 or 3 races right in front of the finish!

What is the problem?

Wait untill you can buy better Cars/Bikes/quads,than it goes alot easier,i did noticed this when i was @ my 3th camp i had some difficulties winning it on 3 stars,so i finished most on 2 stars.When the other vehicels did unlock i did win much easier.

Just like to add here that getting one of the drive from a to b achievements without having one of the camps unlocked DOES NOT WORK. Tried it last night lol.

It does work, confirmed it a few minutes ago with the Salt Over Snow, not having the White Flats Camp unlocked...here is exactly what we did, step by step:

1. Start a Player Match race in Salt over Snow (near camp...I don't know the name of the closest race, and just guessed, leaving me with a short drive), have other player quit (reverting you to free mode)

2. Drive into camp, where you get message "you need more stars to unlock this area", then you are loaded up, in free mode, outside of camp

3. Start a Player Match race in Pinwheels Ridge (there is a race right next to camp, but I don't remember the name), invite friend, start race, have friend quit...you revert to Free mode again.

4. Drive into camp...achv unlocked.

Supposedly Vista point and Livery transporting doesn't count as using the heli, so that is another option to "beam" to the next location and drive in...outside of load times, though, you can easily do the Salt over Snow in less than 2 minutes, without unlocking the area first.