Achievement Guide and Road Map

swordoflife

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and is anyone else having problems with the mp achvs? I got my 10 with my map, but then did 35 on my friends, and nothing...is there a minimum distance or something? Mine was .3 miles, my friends was .2 or so (might have actually been less)...if no one knows, I'll prob have him create a little longer one, and try it again.

well i got problems witth the 30 matches achievement. Im ranked 1st for like 60 times but still no achievo , but my friend did get it on a lil race ? so it should work...i dunno how to fix it and it sucksssss thanks for all the tips btw boosting people!

...and is anyone else having problems with the mp achvs? I got my 10 with my map, but then did 35 on my friends, and nothing...is there a minimum distance or something? Mine was .3 miles, my friends was .2 or so (might have actually been less)...if no one knows, I'll prob have him create a little longer one, and try it again.

when i got my create and win 10 races, it took 3 seconds to finish the race so length has nothing to do with it. i plan to test out the multi player achievements soon.

Just like to add here that getting one of the drive from a to b achievements without having one of the camps unlocked DOES NOT WORK. Tried it last night lol.

Yes, it does. I just got 'Salt over Snow' without having "salt" unlocked.

Here's what I did.

1) Got as close as I could and drove the rest to the "salt" camp. (Don't remember what it's called)

2) Tried to enter the camp and got the "need more stars" message, then it dropped me backed to Free Ride.

3) Drive a little ways away from the camp, just for safe measure.

4) Went to world map and 'jumped' to a collected livery spot near the "snow" camp.

5) Drove to the camp and once I entered the camp, achievement unlocked.

Yes, it does. I just got 'Salt over Snow' without having "salt" unlocked.

Here's what I did.

1) Got as close as I could and drove the rest to the "salt" camp. (Don't remember what it's called)

2) Tried to enter the camp and got the "need more stars" message, then it dropped me backed to Free Ride.

3) Drive a little ways away from the camp, just for safe measure.

4) Went to world map and 'jumped' to a collected livery spot near the "snow" camp.

5) Drove to the camp and once I entered the camp, achievement unlocked.

What!??! I wish I knew this the other day lol.

I can pretty much confirm that the Complete Obsession Syndrome is not unlocked after getting everything, it probably is a time based achievement. Check out mygamercard.net and go to FUEL leaderboards, if you check people with like 800G have this achievement. I'm guessing 25hours? Im not sure but ill confirm it when I get there.

There's a better and far quicker way to do the 80m jump. Just start the first race of the first camp (I did 75m with the first bike) and go flat out with the Shuriken.

There you go, 91.5m in a single jump, no need to drive to a certain location on the map and lose a lot of time trying to find it.

There's a better and far quicker way to do the 80m jump. Just start the first race of the first camp (I did 75m with the first bike) and go flat out with the Shuriken.

There you go, 91.5m in a single jump, no need to drive to a certain location on the map and lose a lot of time trying to find it.

The driving around trying to find a certain location is for the 150m fall achievement.

The driving around trying to find a certain location is for the 150m fall achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/858/-kyWmQ==.jpg Rocket science 15G

Travel 80 meters in a single jump.

To get this go to Dry Rigs Camp, then go to the place you see on this map: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1179/img0071rwd.jpg

Go to the arrow and you will see a bridge. Get a big run at the jump that is located in the middle. You need to be going about 120 mph, i used the "Afterburner" to get this.

Are you sure TwistedFate?

Anyway, I was just giving a way to do it faster.

Hope it helps.

Are you sure TwistedFate?

Anyway, I was just giving a way to do it faster.

Hope it helps.

Yeah, somebody already gave the tip you did. The guide may not have been updated yet. We appreciate your telling us, though, especially in light that the guide doesn't show it. The other tip may have been missed.

Most of the "driving around looking" discussion now is about the Newton achieve.

I didnt miss the tip i didnt put it in because i tried this and didnt get it, but i guess ill put it in if 3 people did it this way

It's your guide, you can do it however you want. Maybe you could give both ways? Lord knows there are plenty of conflicting reports as to what works and what doesn't as far as achieves go in this game, might be good to have an alternate way.

here is a small trick for easely falling off high moutains without crashing and rebooting car or bike.

Just make sure you are falling backwards and keep it like that untill you are all the way down. you will see that that way you dont get anny damage.

gl

Did anyone manage to find out what the problem was with the 30 wins in someone elses created races? I have the same issue right now. I cant get the achievement and it's making me crazy.

please help.

i emailed codemasters and of course they basically called me a lier and said they tested the game with microsoft and it works fine.

Edited by Judus Iscariot

There is no problem with the 30 wins you haven't created, I have a friend who has it. You need to have a friend host a game with a game they have created not just a career race.

Well I've won well over 30 on edited races and around 50 on straight up custom races, so there clearly is a problem and as I know of 3 or 4 people having the same issue it seems pretty common.

Feeling your pain there Judas that achievement is driving me mental as well.

I'm having the same problem with the 30 wins on a course not your own...supposedly making the race have one checkpoint fixes it (a race too short counts for your ten, but seems to disable the 30 custom), but I never got word back if he had to do 30 more races, or if after a few it popped.

And YES, it is a problem...if you don't have it don't comment on how it's "not" just because you know someone who has it, unless you want to add some clarification as to how your friend got it. Most of us have between 50-80 "wins" on custom races, and don't have the achv, and only a few people seem to have gotten it.

I am going to pull myself away from Tiger and Red Faction and see if I can get this to work today. I'll update with whatever I find out.

Got it....here are the details:

-The first online races I did were the 10 I created...very short (about 4-5 secs to finish)

-Next I did 30 on my friends short course, no achv. Did 5 more, throwing in a loss to see if that had any affect, no achv.

-My friend re-edited his race, adding a checkpoint in the middle, and making the race take 10-11 secs, rather than 5.

-8 races on his new track and the achv popped. My stats page shows 53 races entered, 52 won (10 were on my course), so I got the achv at 42, with 34 being on short courses, and 8 on a 1 checkpoint course.

Hope this works out as easily for everyone else...it took a whole ten minutes for us to set it up and get it to pop, and we did continue to use "create session", "friends only" settings, so that is not a factor.

The guide is complete, i may need to change the guide for completion obsession syndrome since no one can confirm if you need all the liveries and if you need the online achievements as well. I am in the process of testing this and will be done with it by at the very latest July 4th!

PS: if anyone can tell me how to change the thread name so it doesnt have the (work in progress) on it that would be greatly appreciated.

The guide is complete, i may need to change the guide for completion obsession syndrome since no one can confirm if you need all the liveries and if you need the online achievements as well. I am in the process of testing this and will be done with it by at the very latest July 4th!

PS: if anyone can tell me how to change the thread name so it doesnt have the (work in progress) on it that would be greatly appreciated.

I can confirm that the Obsessional Syndrome achievement is GET ALL ACHIEVEMENTS, like i mentioned earlier in this thread. A friend of mine GT: LiteDog, had all the achievements but the online ones. Once he got the last online achievement, Obsessional Syndrome unlocked as well. Alot of games have been using this routine lately (MLB 2k9, Street Fighter IV) as it is an easy way to spot cheaters. Example is as this is the last achievement you should unlock.. so if you have it unlocked any earlier than second to last than you obviously cheated.

You are unable to change the thread name, but i think the mods can change the name for you. One of my guides' thread name was changed once i submitted the guide.