Pro Time for Transporter in EOS - IMPOSSIBLE?!

Con117

I'm trying to do all the transporter pro times... and I'm hopelessly stuck on the one that is just to the left of the western safehouse in EOS. I can't even get CLOSE to 2 minutes. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've made up all sorts of paths... I can't even seem to drive half way without hitting around the pro time... I haven't had much trouble with all the others (although admittedly I was going in order so there's still 4 or 5 more I haven't tried yet)...

Is there a teleportation device or something?! What am I missing? Also, has anyone beat it... It would at least reinvigorate my determination to know it CAN BE DONE! I feel like it's a bug or something right now, and the time should be higher! It's SO IMPOSSIBLE!

Are any of the others like this? Has anyone got them ALL?

Thanks SO much for your help...

There's always a way... do it again, but ignore the time and just drive through it casually looking at your map every so often... look for side paths and flat areas that cut between roads... when you are actually racing the clock... you may see one and think "meh... that will only save 4 seconds"... well if you do 5 of those little 4 second shortcuts... that's 20 seconds...

I used to think the same thing with some of these demolition masters I am working on... there was one where you had to hit green barrels with a hammer like 200 yards and hit a tower with them and the pro time was 15 seconds... "I was like WTF? THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE"... so I sat there for a minute and experimented with how you hit the barrels and before you know it... I hit my first barrel and brought the whole damn tower down in 6 seconds...

Just trial and error...

HAve you actually completed this one?

Normally, I would agree with you, as your advice is sound for the other ones. But for this particular ones, shaving over a minute off of corners here and there is simply not an option. That was the first thing I tried. There HAS to be a better route that the one the map gives you, as half way through that route, you hit two minutes, no matter how good you drive.

I've spent HOURS trying different routes... Found some really cool shortcuts, but still, have like half a minute to shave off my time... This is heads and tails WAY MORE difficult than any of the other ones I've tried. Either there's something I'm missing, or they typed in the wrong numbers for the pro time!

It has to be possible, but I agree that one is VERY hard to beat the pro time. I left that one and moved on as I've been told you can go back and do them all at the end of the game. But, like I posted in another thread, the game increases the difficulty on side missions when you complete the last mission, so remember to make a save before you finish and use that save to complete anything you haven't beat the pro time on.

God, I hope that works. Finishing the campaign soon...I'll post with details.

FX.

I used to think the same thing with some of these demolition masters I am working on... there was one where you had to hit green barrels with a hammer like 200 yards and hit a tower with them and the pro time was 15 seconds... "I was like WTF? THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE"... so I sat there for a minute and experimented with how you hit the barrels and before you know it... I hit my first barrel and brought the whole damn tower down in 6 seconds...

Just trial and error...

wow. I'm doing this one now and having a damn hard time with it.

*slow clap*

Kudos to you for getting it!

FX.

wow. I'm doing this one now and having a damn hard time with it.

*slow clap*

Kudos to you for getting it!

FX.

It's really simple once you figure it out... you have to run towards the barrels (not sprint) at an angel, so that the tower isn't in sight (off to the left)... then you just have to swing at just the right time so that when you hit the barrel, it flies straight at the tower... there are many weak points inside the tower so if you get a good direct hit and it goes in, it should come down...

You think that one is hard though lol... wait until you get to the canyon one where you get a hammer, a light walker, and a supply crate with remote charges in it... that one is more luck than anything... you start at the top of a hole (that falling into will kill you)... you then have to jump down 3 sets of double pillars that cross the hole to get to the crate and the walker... you then have to get the charges and then fly the walker up each pillar destroying the one below you as you go up... all in under 2 minutes... really effing hard... took me like 20 tries...

Speaking of these demolition challenges, someone needs to start a thread just explaining how to do each of them under pro par times. The only one I'm having trouble with now if the Indestructible building in EOS. I've brought the building down once, but haven't figured out the perfect method.

Thanks for the tip on the hammer+barrel challenge, hopefully I can get under par on that one tomorrow.

I have not even attempted that one yet but now I am not looking forward to it.

However, if you beat the pro time of 2:05:00 for the transporter mission in the upper left side of the Dust Sector tips would be much appreciated. This is the one bothering me at the moment. My closest time was 2:05:28. Uggggggghhhhhhhh so frustrating, I was so close.

Thanks!

I had no problem with any of the pro demolition times... The one with the flying fuel barrels took a few tries... but most were very straightforward in terms of gameplay challenge, once you figured out their tricks.

However, this particular transporter time is NOT average fare. Tell me you've beat it, and how, and I will revere you. Til then, telling me to "try new things" is just not helpful :( I've tried MANY new things! I have all the other transporter times down... just this one is driving me out of my brain

Well I finally just beat the transporter that I mentioned above in 2:04:60. Whew, just under 2:05:00.

But damn man ... I just tried the one transporter mission near EOS that you have been talking about and *YIKES* that is friggin hard. I am going to keep at it for a bit and see if I can find anything out.

Alright here it goes, the key things to know:

1. Right off the bat, after getting in the car of course, head directly up the small hill under the stone arch adjacent on the left to get straight to the road.

2. Then when you get to the road follow the map arrows as usual around the bend. Now I do not know if the game actually has set spawns for the vehicles on the road during these missions, but when you pass your first car that is coming the opposite direction keep a keen watch of the left hand side of your screen. There will be another small hill leading to the road above. It is relatively steep but you will most certainly be able to drive up it no problem, just make sure not to drive into the rock jutting out from the top right of the hill.

3. Once over this hill continue driving to the left, but do not follow the map arrows down into what I will call "the rocky abyss." I REPEAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE MAP ARROWS DOWN INTO THE RAVINE! Instead, continue following the road to the right.

4. Upon driving further you will eventually see a conveniently placed ramp looking rock towards the left hand side where the road starts to bend sharply to the right.

5. Floor it up and over the ramp to go flying over the ravine and the hill into the Free Fire Zone. Now follow the road to the left as the map arrows do not show up in the correct place at first after you land the jump.

6. It is pretty smooth sailing from here on out. Just continue to follow the map arrows while trying to cut as many turns as possible, within reason, to help shave some time off. But for the most part stay right on with the map arrows.

7. Lastly, a few seconds after entering Parker Sector you will see that the map arrows urge you to follow the road to the right. Nix that and instead drive straight down the opening in the road down to where the road continues below (you can see the map arrows on the road below through this space between the rocks).

8. Now park that sucker in the Parker Sector base and you my friend have just beat this tricky little transporter mission.

Just for your general user knowledge I finished with a time of 1:56:03.

for the demolition with the barrels i found that if u walk as close as possible to the barrel without pushing it... and aim slightly to the left... u get the best results... there are some sort of holes in the bottom that i managed to get a barrel into and just blew the whole damn thing in one

Alright here it goes, the key things to know:

1. Right off the bat, after getting in the car of course, head directly up the small hill under the stone arch adjacent on the left to get straight to the road.

2. Then when you get to the road follow the map arrows as usual around the bend. Now I do not know if the game actually has set spawns for the vehicles on the road during these missions, but when you pass your first car that is coming the opposite direction keep a keen watch of the left hand side of your screen. There will be another small hill leading to the road above. It is relatively steep but you will most certainly be able to drive up it no problem, just make sure not to drive into the rock jutting out from the top right of the hill.

3. Once over this hill continue driving to the left, but do not follow the map arrows down into what I will call "the rocky abyss." I REPEAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE MAP ARROWS DOWN INTO THE RAVINE! Instead, continue following the road to the right.

4. Upon driving further you will eventually see a conveniently placed ramp looking rock towards the left hand side where the road starts to bend sharply to the right.

5. Floor it up and over the ramp to go flying over the ravine and the hill into the Free Fire Zone. Now follow the road to the left as the map arrows do not show up in the correct place at first after you land the jump.

6. It is pretty smooth sailing from here on out. Just continue to follow the map arrows while trying to cut as many turns as possible, within reason, to help shave some time off. But for the most part stay right on with the map arrows.

7. Lastly, a few seconds after entering Parker Sector you will see that the map arrows urge you to follow the road to the right. Nix that and instead drive straight down the opening in the road down to where the road continues below (you can see the map arrows on the road below through this space between the rocks).

8. Now park that sucker in the Parker Sector base and you my friend have just beat this tricky little transporter mission.

Just for your general user knowledge I finished with a time of 1:56:03.

Thanks that worked flawlessly.

I can't believe I never saw that jump in all the hours I spent on it... I was way to fixated on the "the rocky abyss" because there was what seemed to be shortcuts down in the direction that cut across the free fire zone...

Mark 1219! WOOO! I doubt you'll have any problem with any of the others if you've mastered that one, they are just more of the same (find a good route)... Of course, some are a lot longer haha, it would take a looong time to write out a description... I don't envy whoever decides to do a "transporter guide"

the one with the barrel give me a hard time I need to master the way I swing (should I use Lt or Rt?)

As the one with the pipe in the the crater.. DAMMMMMN it's hard :o

Use RT... and for the pipes in the crater one (if it is the one I think you mean (with the walker/charges))... right from the start jump straight down into the crater onto the second set of pipes (even though it is like a 200 foot jump, it does barely any damage)... and then from there, jump to the walker and grab the charges... you should have the charges and be in the walker within the first 15ish seconds... then jump up onto the pipe right next to you, walk about halfway up... then jump to the left onto the pipes that are above you... then walk about halfway up and get out of the walker...

From there look to the left (the top of the pipes below you) and throw charges a little below the very top, after 2-4 charges, the entire middle of the bottom pip will fall out... so now get back in the walker and continue up to the top of the pipe you are on and then jump to the highest pipe and repeat the last part... throw charges at the top of the pipe until the middle collapses... then throw charges at the end of the pipe you are standing on and run the walker back towards the beginning where you started and jump up there... detonate them, then throw more charges right below you on to the other end of the pipe and detonate, if all goes as planned, the middle of the pipe will collapse...

Using that method, it took me 1:40 to finish...

It was pretty much dead on. I don't think the cars spawn the same every time, but that's about it! The "rocky abyss" was the perfect name for the place I kept going... I think I thought there might be an underground expressway or something...??

Anyone have any suggestions for the demolition in Badlands where you get one remote charge and the sledgehammer? I can barely get the building down in under a minute, let alone 15 seconds.

That one was actually one of the easiest... it just took me a minute to figure out... if you run around to the right of the tower... high up on the wall there is an opening... just jump and throw the charge through the hole so that it sticks to the ceiling and then detonate it... there is an explosive tank up there and when that charge goes off... the entire tower just explodes...

If you do it right it only takes like 5-8 seconds...

That one was actually one of the easiest... it just took me a minute to figure out... if you run around to the right of the tower... high up on the wall there is an opening... just jump and throw the charge through the hole so that it sticks to the ceiling and then detonate it... there is an explosive tank up there and when that charge goes off... the entire tower just explodes...

If you do it right it only takes like 5-8 seconds...

Worked beautifully. I would have never seen that hole.

Worked beautifully. I would have never seen that hole.

Glad to have helped... if you need any tips on other demo masters just post here I guess... I just got the achievement for beating all the pro times earlier...

Just a side note for all the people trying to get that... the last demo master activity didn't appear for me until near the very end of the game...

When you *spoilers*

Side with the Maruders...

Since I had all but one finished up until the end, I thought that I had missed one and it disappeared, but it is actually just inside the irradiated zone, so it isn't accessible until that point...