Pro time tips guide! New "In the WORKS"

DEMOLITION-COMPLETE

TRANSPORTER-COMPLETE

If you have any questions just send me a on XBL- InsaneChaoz

Transporter

Well guys im sorry but I've been superbly busy and just almost had no time and pretty much forgot about this guide. But hey! GOOD NEWS...I've seen some comments for the Transporter and here just to make it easier.

Youtube Guide Link:

Fadertan's Awesome Guide <---Click HERE NOOB

Be sure to drop in watch the videos they're great and crazy! DON'T FORGET to SUBSCRIBE and Leave a comment on how happy you are someone decided to make a video for this poop of an achievement :)

Edited by InsaneChaoz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DEMOLITION

Info:

Beating Pro Time=More Salvage

Beating All Pro Time= Achievement "Got Any Fingers Left?"

Getting exactly the same Pro Time as listed is OK

PARKER

=======================================

Parker-Pro-1:00:00

(Pistol and Hydrogen tanks, 1 building)

Tip#1

Run to the left and just grab tanks one at a time tossing them through the doorway... after you get a few in there, just shoot one and they should all explode and cause the building to fall over on itself... (pretty simple since it is the first one...)...

Parker-Pro-00:16:00

(Turret and Comm Towers)

Tip#1

Just aim and shoot... pretty much all that is to this one... aim for the base of each tower, one well placed shot will cause the towers to fall over...

DUST

Dust-Pro-00:25:00

(Rockets and 1 tower)

Tip#1

I found that aiming towards the top in this case nets better results than aiming for the base... at the top of the tower, there is a roof sort of covering being held up by 4 arms at the corners... aim for these 4 arms and hit them with a rocket and after the last one... the covering should fall down through the building, knocking all of the walls and floors out... for me it ended with that, but for some people, some corners may remain behind... just aim for the corners and hit them with a rocket if this happens...

Dust-Pro-00:55:00

(Sledgehammer and 1 building)

Tip#1

Pretty simple, just smash through the building until it collapses... I found that it goes faster if you work your way from one corner and around the walls... sometimes the building would fall over without ever needing to destroy the last wall... in any case.. just work your way through the walls with the hammer until it is critical...

BADLANDS

Badlands-Pro-2:00:00

(Hammer, Light Walker, 0 Charges (15 in the crate) and 3 pipelines of 2 pipes each)

Tip#1

Use RT... and for the pipes in the crater one (if it is the one I think you mean (with the walker/charges))... right from the start jump straight down into the crater onto the second set of pipes (even though it is like a 200 foot jump, it does barely any damage)... and then from there, jump to the walker and grab the charges... you should have the charges and be in the walker within the first 15ish seconds... then jump up onto the pipe right next to you, walk about halfway up... then jump to the left onto the pipes that are above you... then walk about halfway up and get out of the walker...

From there look to the left (the top of the pipes below you) and throw charges a little below the very top, after 2-4 charges, the entire middle of the bottom pip will fall out... so now get back in the walker and continue up to the top of the pipe you are on and then jump to the highest pipe and repeat the last part... throw charges at the top of the pipe until the middle collapses... then throw charges at the end of the pipe you are standing on and run the walker back towards the beginning where you started and jump up there... detonate them, then throw more charges right below you on to the other end of the pipe and detonate, if all goes as planned, the middle of the pipe will collapse...

Tip#2-MINE

This is similar to "I push buttons" because I was using his but it was kind of hard.

First do the same and jump to the second set of pipes, then onto where the walker is at. Grab the charges and get into the walker. Ok now use the RT to smash into the lower piping that is going into the cliff next to you, you only need to destroy enough to where there is a gap and nothing connected. Now jet pack up the middle of the same pipes. Jet pack to the small cliff to the left and destroy the piping connected to the cliff. now go half way up that piping in the middle jump out and look to the left. Throw about 4-5 charges down on the pipe and destroy it. Get back in the walker and continue up. Jump up to the last piping. Get out look back down throw around 4 charges and blow it up. Now go all the way to the left away from where you started the mission and unload about 5 charges in that area. Throw the rest on the middle of the bridge and get back in the walker. Now jet back towards the piping that has no charges on it and hit B inside the walker. It should blow most of the bridge if not all of it. If its still connected just use RT on the side you jetpacked on and it should crumble and destroy any remainig pipes under it.

Badlands-Pro-0:15:00

(Sledgehammer, 1 remote charge, 1 tower)

Tip#1

That one was actually one of the easiest... it just took me a minute to figure out... if you run around to the right of the tower... high up on the wall there is an opening... just jump and throw the charge through the hole so that it sticks to the ceiling and then detonate it... there is an explosive tank up there and when that charge goes off... the entire tower just explodes...

If you do it right it only takes like 5-8 seconds...

Tip#2-MINE

As soon as you start go in the building and climb the ladder, climb the next one. Then look inside and throw the charge about 3/4 up on the middle of the pipe but not the ceiling. The entire building should blow up. This is pretty easy as long as you don't miss the ladder and walk around it a couple of times.

Badlands-Pro-0:45:00

(Hammer, 1 singularity bomb, 4 remote charges)

Tip#1-MINE

As soon as you start "sledge" a hole in the wall. Run around to the back of the scrap vehicle and get the charges from the supply crate. Now place the singularity bomb on top of the supply crate. Now as you run out throw a couple of charges on the wall opposite from the hole you made to enter. Now go through the hole, this is when the singularity bomb should go off, launch a hole bunch of charges towards the wall in front of you on parts that are not being sucked in by the bomb and hit B. This should cause the building to collapse. IF NOT throw the remaining charges on the pieces that seem to somehow keep the building up.

Tip#2

I couldn't tell if this one was in the badlands or the irradiated zone, so I'll just post it here:

When I did this one, I already had the jetpack... so I guess you should attempt this one when you have the jetpack... I ran into the building (or busted a hole in the wall, I can't remember >.>)... well once inside, there is a broken vehicle that is sort of in the middle of the building... I jumped/jetpacked up on top of it and laid the singularity bomb and then ran back outside... the singularity pulled all of the walls in, and then I just ran up and put a remote charge on each of the remaining corners and detonated them...

Badlands-Pro-00:50:00

(1 Charge, 25 proximity mines, 1 building)

Tip#1

Right from the start just start planting proximity mines close to the walls about 1.5ish in-game meters apart all around then inside of the structure (and don't forget to put 1 or 2 in the doorways to make sure the chain reaction will spread through all the rooms)... once you have the entire interior perimeter covered with proximity mines, throw the remote charge down somewhere and set of the chain... make sure you have charges in the last room (the one that is already partially destroyed)... I kept destroying everything, but that and not getting critical... 1 to 3 charges around the walls in there normally does the trick (and one in the doorway to continue the chain)...

Badlands-Pro-1:15:00

(10 remote charges, 12 hydrogen tanks and 1 building)

Tip#1

Start by adding charges to 2 or 3 tanks (by throwing them at the tanks)... be careful not to miss because detonating the ones you intend to also detonates the ones you missed, which can waste tanks... pick up 1 and stand directly in front of the left pipe and throw it into there... then grab the other 1-2 and throw them into the right pipe the same way (I say 2 because sometimes the right pipe hits the wall, other time it goes off to the right past the building)... once those 2-3 are down there, detonate them... this should blow the corners/walls facing you off of the building... then just repeat this and the tanks/charges should fly into the building and get the walls/corners away from you... this may take several tries since it more depends on how the tanks land once down there... make sure you always line yourself up directly with the pipes so the tanks have greater speed on their way down...
Edited by InsaneChaoz

Oasis

======================================

Oasis-Pro-00:10:00

(Hammer, 8 Fuel Barrels)

Tip#1-MINE

Well this is pretty hard. Another way you can do this is to run NOT sprint at a 45 degree angle towards the barrel, See My HORRIBLE Example, on the first 2. Make sure the tower is on the left of your screen and the barrel is on the right of your crosshairs. You should strike the barrel about a barrel & half length away. Your guy should do a sprint forward and strike the back of the barrel. On barrels 3-4 just use the method where the tower is on the left of your screen and your crosshair is between the tower and the barrel on the right. If it doesn't destory the tower with the first 3 maybe 4 just restart; because you might not make it.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5790/badexample.png LOL

Tip#2

You have to run towards the barrels (not sprint) at an angel, so that the tower isn't in sight (off to the left)... then you just have to swing at just the right time so that when you hit the barrel, it flies straight at the tower... there are many weak points inside the tower so if you get a good direct hit and it goes in, it should come down...

Tip#3

Instead of swinging blindly at an object you can't even see (because it's off screen) trying standing in front of the barrels - facing the building - and use LT to smash down instead of RT to swing. All you have to do is aim your target where you want the barrel to hit and smash down on it, then move your way down the line doing this as fast as you can. I tried this about 15 times, every time taking down the building between 5 seconds and 13 seconds.

Oasis-Pro-00:10:00

(Pistol with 3 rounds and a tank, 1 smokestack)

Tip#1

Run to the tank and pick it up... aim towards the catwalk on the tower and throw the tank up (you don't need to land on the catwalk or even hit it... just need the tank in the air towards the middle of the tower)... once you let go of the tank, whip out the pistol and shoot the tank when it gets close to the wall at the top of its flight... it should blow a large chunk out of the wall and cause the smokestack to collapse... may take a few tries to get the tank in just the right sport while airborne...

Oasis-Pro-00:25:00

(Hammer, AR with 120 rounds, 14 Fuel Barrels and one building)

Tip#1

Right from the start, run inside and shoot the barrels on the floor to destroy the walls/corners... then look up and shoot the glass/barrels on the roof to take out the roof... it should end really fast...

Tip#2-MINE

This is a easy way that I replicated a few times. As soon as you start shoot the barrel inside closest to the right wall. Skip the second, and the one in the middle. Shoot the one way in the back behind the middle one. The the one way in the back to the left. The rest should blow up on the ground. Now reload and aim up and unload on the barrel through the glass closest to you. It should explode the barrels on top. While the ones are exploding on top; run to the back left wall and start smacking away. This is pretty much the only remaining wall that holds the house.

FreeFireZone

FreeFireZone-Pro-1:00:00

(Hammer, light walker, 3 buildings)

Tip#1

Hop in the walker just to your right, then just run through the walls of each building... pretty much it... start with the closest one and just work your way through swinging your arms and tearing down the walls... try to do straight walkthroughs of the walls so you don't have to turn as much... should go pretty quick... upper swings seem to work better since they take the roof out as well...

FreeFireZone-Pro-00:20:00

(Hammer and 12 remote charges, one guard building)

Tip#1

Just run up and start throwing the charges and detonating them one by one at weak points (corners, and supports)... try to space them so you aren't hitting the same spots over and over... should only take a few seconds...

EOS

EOS-Pro-00:50:00

(Hammer, Heavy Walker, 2 structures and lots of small boxes)

Tip#1

Hop into the walker and head left to the first structure... just walk through it going along the rock wall away from where you started... once you reach the end... start moving down the boxes in a sort of diagonal movement so that you walk down in a row, turn walk back a little farther over... keep walking back and forth and moving over each time until all the boxes are destroyed... then just do the same thing you did to the first structure to the second structure...

EOS-Pro-1:40:00

(Hammer, Nano Rifle with 5 rounds and 2 thermo rockets, 1 building)

Tip#1

Right from the start... sprint into the building and open the crate on the first floor... this adds 19 rounds to your rifle... then run back outside and look up towards the top of the building... you will see this odd shaped structure at the top (the little interlaced steel beams that form a circle)... aim for the support beams of this structure (they are vertical and go all the way around the circle)... this pic shows what I mean:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9176/supportk.jpg

Shoot all of those supports out, and the circular structure at the top will fall down throught the building and destoy everything in the center... there may be sections of corners/wall left around the outside... use your thermo rockets for large chunks of wall/corners and the nano rifle for small areas (the thermo rockets should be enough though and the Nano rifle shouldn't be needed)

Edited by InsaneChaoz

I just did a few of the demo for Oasis so if anyone needs help here is what I did.

Smokestack 10 seconds.

This one isnt too bad. Just pick up the hydrogen tank get close to the tower. Aim all the way up. Throw the tank and let it get stuck in the barrier in the middle. Then back up and shoot!

Building in the distance 10 seconds

This is the one with the gas tanks(?). All you need to do is run towards one and swing you hammer. You must run and swing and not just swing. Just pratice on the aiming and it will be all yours.

Building with the gas tanks 25 seconds

What i did was just ran into the tanks and pushed them in the corners/walls and shot them. If the building doesnt fall then look up at the glass roof and shoot the gas tanks up there. Should go down pretty easy but watch out for the ones of the top falling on you!

A tip for two of the badlands races, one where your in the ambulance and one in the dune buggy.

After about 20% of the race if you look on the map there is an obvious shortcut across a long bridge - this is a red herring and in my case has already been blown up - go to the left of where the path to the bridge is and work your way through the dunes and canyons then rejoin the yellow marker to the destination. Hope this helps a few.

For people who are having trouble doing the Demolitions round where you have to hit the barrel at the building with your sledgehammer, try this:

Instead of swinging blindly at an object you can't even see (because it's off screen) trying standing in front of the barrels - facing the building - and use LT to smash down instead of RT to swing. All you have to do is aim your target where you want the barrel to hit and smash down on it, then move your way down the line doing this as fast as you can. I tried this about 15 times, every time taking down the building between 5 seconds and 13 seconds.

The other way was taking me forever to get a lucky shot.

Hope that helps.

FX.

For people who are having trouble doing the Demolitions round where you have to hit the barrel at the building with your sledgehammer, try this:

Hope that helps.

FX.

How far are you from the barrel? because sometime i'm too close and I just smash the barrel at the bottom of the cliff

Can anyone give me some tips for the transport mission in the middle top left part of Dust. I just can't seem to get it down. In taking every shortcut and ramp and I still am just coming up 5 to 10 seconds behind time. Any help will be appreciated.

Nvm I just beat it. Granted it was by .28th of a second but I still beat it.

Edited by C3RE4L Ki113R

Hope that helps.

FX.

Best solution ever. You deserve a ****ing medal.....:D

Thank you very much.

There's a Transport mission up north in Dust that ends at the southern safe house. Seems to give a lot of people (myself included) trouble. The trick is to use the off-road entrance. To find the off-road entrance go into the safe house, then follow the driveway out a little until you see two busted up old cars (the blue kind) on the right side of the road. Past them is a little valley (this valley is the off-road entrance to the safe house). Follow the valley and you'll eventually hit a road. Follow the road north and eventually you'll get to a spot that meets up with the main path for the Transport mission.

When it comes time to do the Transport mission, all you have to do is split off the main path here, follow the road then ram your car up the ledge and into the little valley. In the little valley you have to ram your car up another ledge and onto the main driveway. It takes a little while to get up the last ledge, but if you've stuck to the main path and drove pretty well you should have plenty of time (much more time than going along the suggested path and through the little base).

Remember, you can control your car a little while in the air. Try and making the landings as smooth as possible to maximize your run-up to the second ledge.

Sorry if these directions aren't great. If anyone is having trouble with them the main thing you have to do is figure out where this off-road entrance is. From there you should be able to piece it all together yourself. I did a pretty average job on the mission right up until I split from the main path. From there I managed to get into the base with four seconds to spare.

Hope that helps someone.

Edited by TheOnlyDogMan

Has anyone figured out the Pro time for the Transporter Pro up in the upper left corner of the EOS city (not the ones way in the north)... it has a normal time of 1:25 and a Pro of :50... I can easily beat the 1:25, but I am coming no where close to the :50 (so far, fastest was 1:14)... I have smashed the buildings behind me to back out onto the road faster, driven out the front, taken 6 different routes around the city, and I always take the shortcut at the entrance, but still no where close to pro... has anyone found the "secret" to this one yet...?

Has anyone figured out the Pro time for the Transporter Pro up in the upper left corner of the EOS city (not the ones way in the north)... it has a normal time of 1:25 and a Pro of :50... I can easily beat the 1:25, but I am coming no where close to the :50 (so far, fastest was 1:14)... I have smashed the buildings behind me to back out onto the road faster, driven out the front, taken 6 different routes around the city, and I always take the shortcut at the entrance, but still no where close to pro... has anyone found the "secret" to this one yet...?

Not sure if I've done this one yet but will check and see.

LOL and wouldn't you know it... I just searched on Youtube and it is the only guide on there lol... here is the link for other to see...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-bk9fDFjg]YouTube - Red Faction: Guerrilla, EOS, Transporter, pro time 50:00[/ame]

I don't understand how they expect people to find those kinds of routes but whatever...

have you by chance done the transporter in oasis that is right by one of the safehouses. Can't seem to find the trick to it.

Right from the start, ignore trying to go through the base, just ramp up over the hill (it isn't steep on either side)... then just follow the arrows like normal until you get into the badlands, right after you get into them, take a hard left and cut across the area there to end up right at the entrance to the base...

Hopefully you saw them, I just removed them!

Edited by I Push Buttons

anyone know some tips for the dune-buggy transporter in badlands?

The three wheeler one that ends in the Oasis safe house? From the start go forward, over the hilltops until you hit the road (takes a bit of weaving but it's faster than going around). Then follow the path like normal until you go past the second EDF checkpoint/base (the one that's past that big bridge). After that gun it straight down the path, but instead of turning just keep flooring it up and over the big hill. You'll land in the little canyon. From there I was able to follow the path like normal (even going down the suggested path on the driveway) and make it with five seconds to spare.

With Badlands (10 charges, 12 barrels, 1:15 seconds) I actually found it was a lot easier to stick two charges on two barrels, throw one down the left and one down the right, set them off. Then throw four charges on one barrel and two charges on another. Throw the four down the left tube and the two down the right. This got me over the line with 15 seconds to spare. It may have been dumb luck, but give it a shot if you can't get it the guide way.

The three wheeler one that ends in the Oasis safe house? From the start go forward, over the hilltops until you hit the road (takes a bit of weaving but it's faster than going around). Then follow the path like normal until you go past the second EDF checkpoint/base (the one that's past that big bridge). After that gun it straight down the path, but instead of turning just keep flooring it up and over the big hill. You'll land in the little canyon. From there I was able to follow the path like normal (even going down the suggested path on the driveway) and make it with five seconds to spare.

Nope not that one. This one is on the far right side. I should have made that more clear in my other post. Tips are still appreciated.