RFG Interactive Map - Ores/Tags/Propaganda/Crates (WIP)

Shadowmask

Personally I think the map is a great help. The only error I found was the cluster of 4 ore markers in Dust near the Parker/Dust Southern border (south of the circluar quarry).

When I began using the map, it showed 4 nodes there, but now I noticed that it as been corrected. Does anyone by chance know where those last 2 nodes were moved to?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that the refresh thing has a purpose but its just annoying having to refresh every time you complete one and then re-clicking the "ore button" and doing it again... Just seems like its too much hassle, you spend more time marking them off then you do knocking them down.

Also doesn't help when you zoom in to click on one thats in a cluster and (i found you can click a few up and mark them complete before the page refreshes, about 2 or 3 at a time) when you click one, it zooms back out, so you have to zoom click back on the page, zoom back in, click the nexxt one, click page, zoom in again, click the next one, wait for page refresh, click on "ore" box again, zoom back in to area, rinse and repeat.

:/

I get that the refresh thing has a purpose but its just annoying having to refresh every time you complete one and then re-clicking the "ore button" and doing it again... Just seems like its too much hassle, you spend more time marking them off then you do knocking them down.

Also doesn't help when you zoom in to click on one thats in a cluster and (i found you can click a few up and mark them complete before the page refreshes, about 2 or 3 at a time) when you click one, it zooms back out, so you have to zoom click back on the page, zoom back in, click the nexxt one, click page, zoom in again, click the next one, wait for page refresh, click on "ore" box again, zoom back in to area, rinse and repeat.

:/

You make it sound like it takes forever, it only takes a few seconds.

I would much rather carry out this method than finding them on my own... I know which one would be more difficult and time consuming, don't you?

You say it's 'too much hassle'. Well until there's a quicker option, this'll do just fine!

Thankyou for posting this up, good help.

-SE

I went through and marked each on off by hand on the bradyguide, and THAT was time consuming. If I saw this before I started collecting, I would have much rather use this method. I mean, what could be easier? Do you want someone to come to your house and get the achievement for you? So you have to click and refresh, takes a few seconds...c'mon!

*sigh*

FX.

I already gave you a quicker method... use this guide as a reference. Print out some of the brady guide maps and mark down the number at the location of how many are in that spot... Then just cross them off as you go.

I guess if you have a laptop handy then yeah ok just clicking and refreshing might be an option but I don't have a laptop at the moment.

But still... the assassin's creed guide was much more efficient and less time consuming. Now that all the ore is there and there aren't any mistakes... Why do we have to refresh? OH it has to refresh the entire page because you just marked 1 out of 300 ores as complete ;) GOTCHA... that makes so much sense.. :/

again I would like to thank the creator for his accuracy with the locations. Sorry about my hating the rest of it and causing a stir. I'm not being ungrateful, at first I was trying to help you by telling you that its not as smooth as it could be.... Oh well.

Just glad I got them all now.

So you're saying that my not having a laptop is the problem all together? HOW CLEVER! I'm sorry I don't have a laptop... I didn't know it was a universal item that everyone should have just so when someone makes an interactive map of a game they can make it as slow as possible hence being able to use the excuse "oh but its right there on your lap, saving you time!" pff... I'd save even MORE time if I had a laptop and didn't have to refresh the page 300 times more than I should have to.

I gave up marking them on the interactive map half way through and just took down the number of each cluster, put it on some printed maps and checked the number off as I went. As I've said and will say again and again. The accuracy is great. The way the map is set up isn't. The latter method got it done twice as fast. Just cross it off, no waiting for the whole thing to load again before I can mark another one off.

If the problem is the lack of a laptop then I'm sorry. That still isn't good enough. You can't expect that everyone in the world has a laptop at their disposal.

Heck, even if I did have a laptop... It still would be annoying as hell for me to go through that process each time I found an ore. Stop trying to make friends and just admit that the map isn't as smooth as it could be. I bet the creator knows it!

So you're saying that my not having a laptop is the problem all together? HOW CLEVER! I'm sorry I don't have a laptop... I didn't know it was a universal item that everyone should have just so when someone makes an interactive map of a game they can make it as slow as possible hence being able to use the excuse "oh but its right there on your lap, saving you time!" pff... I'd save even MORE time if I had a laptop and didn't have to refresh the page 300 times more than I should have to.

I gave up marking them on the interactive map half way through and just took down the number of each cluster, put it on some printed maps and checked the number off as I went. As I've said and will say again and again. The accuracy is great. The way the map is set up isn't. The latter method got it done twice as fast. Just cross it off, no waiting for the whole thing to load again before I can mark another one off.

If the problem is the lack of a laptop then I'm sorry. That still isn't good enough. You can't expect that everyone in the world has a laptop at their disposal.

Heck, even if I did have a laptop... It still would be annoying as hell for me to go through that process each time I found an ore. Stop trying to make friends and just admit that the map isn't as smooth as it could be. I bet the creator knows it!

Im sorry but your complaining is just plain annoying and from what i can gather you've complained about the same thing over and over its really simple if you don't like what he's done then don't use it go elsewhere and use something else to help you Im sure this has helped some people and hasn't helped others but god you sound like a woman with your constant bitching about something which isn't such a big deal as i said if you don't like it don't use it or better yet take some initiative and make your own map which is perfect in every way possible. Lol

Is there a way to find out which ID tag is which? I mean, I've collected about 20 of them, but can't remember where I got them from. I have the list of names though, so is there any way to check which ones are which? Clicking on them just seems to show a close-up of their location and a pic of it lying on the ground...

Is there a way to find out which ID tag is which? I mean, I've collected about 20 of them, but can't remember where I got them from. I have the list of names though, so is there any way to check which ones are which? Clicking on them just seems to show a close-up of their location and a pic of it lying on the ground...

I've use this in order to find the last radio tag I missed

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/redfactioniii/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-49837011&pid=944786&page=1

I was looking at the first photo ,then look if I got the name in my radio list .. and so on until I find the one that wasn't there

Well, this is a shame, I've been trying to get to those pictures for a good nummber of hours now and they seem to have been taken down... And all i need are the tags for Chardon Malloy, Sgt Stanislav Jankovic, Ripley Cline & Shaundi.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it must have been routine maintenance, coz they're back up again (but were down for over 8 hours T_T )

Edited by Awesomeman

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the map, really helped. Wish they made it as a file so I could save it though, I only have one ethernet cord so I can only be on either my xbox or laptop at one time. Oh well, I'll make it work.

All of the collectables are offline anyway, so just have your laptop hooked up and go through all of them.

-SE

Nice find. It was real helpful for me. I finished the radio tags and ore. Already had the crates, those were easy as there is more than 250. I didn't even realize that the radio tags flash a small green dot on the minimap until I used this, lol.