Damocles Checkpoint Race help

legendarysquid

It's not that difficult. Try and keep straight between checkpoints and when you do need to turn stick as close as possible to the inside. It's just a case of lining it all up properly as you go around the figure of eight course. It only took me a couple of goes to get it right and I'm not that good at the game.

If you take the fastest bike it's 2 or 3 km/h slower (dunno what's it in miles)

Right, let me get this straight your saying that the fastest bike which I think is the Slipstream 130mph (209.2 kph) and the Damocles does 214.4mph (345kph) how on fucking earth is it possible to do that checkpoint challenge on a bike!!?

Ive tried it on the slip stream its top speed is 116mph (186.6kph) as its on the saltflat and I managed to get to checkpoint 8/14. There is no chance you can do it on a bike.

YOU MY FRIEND ARE A RETARD!

Would someone mind telling me how in [insert string of expletives here] this challenge is even possible?

I'm no race god, but sheesh. This is pissing me off...I've spent the past 30 minutes trying to beat it and I can't seem to get it. I've gotten the tip of my dragster over the finish line but evidently that didn't count.

When did they start making games about antagonizing the player rather than letting them have fun?

Here's to yet another game I doubt I'll ever fully 1000 since retarded garbage like this challenge exist.

When did they start making games about antagonizing the player rather than letting them have fun?

I guess the developer strategy is that if you cannot beat the game you might spend more time trying to beat it and talking about it like you did here which otherwise you would not. This extends the game's life. And some ppl are turned on with difficult games like these, they love challenges, having fun is losing a lot of times and winning rarely for these kind of ppl. I am definitely not one of them, I like to win always without replaying a race over and over and over and over again.

Edited by Shuriken

Surely it's meant to be challenging?! It wouldn't be much of an achievement to 1k the game if they made every race/challenge piss easy.

It's not impossible it just takes some patience, practice and a bit of experimenting with different lines around the course to get in just under the limit.

Surely it's meant to be challenging?! It wouldn't be much of an achievement to 1k the game if they made every race/challenge piss easy.

It's not impossible it just takes some patience, practice and a bit of experimenting with different lines around the course to get in just under the limit.

I realize this and it's not that I don't enjoy a good challenge (I've cleared all of the races on legend with the exception of 1 where I used the "race with any car" glitch) but here this challenge is ridiculous. There is no room for error - not even in the slightest - and that's not exactly fun or enjoyable. Especially given the fact this is an arcade racing game, not a simulation game. Even in a sim, minor errors aren't going to cost you the race...you hit the corner a bit fast, slow down a bit too much aren't going to guarantee you lose the race - if anything, they add a few tenths of a second onto your time.

My problem with this challenge is the fact it is so out of place, so just plain wrong. I'm having a ball playing the other challenges - even the insane Blitzes are possible after a few tries and racing a generally flawless line. But the point is, the rest of the challenges allow you to make a mistake without guaranteeing your loss. Hell, even the races on legend are the same way. The Damocles challenge? Screw you, be PERFECT else you FAIL.

Anyway, anyone else notice that when you start the race you actually pop up out of the ground wasting a precious two tenths of a second before your wheels can actually grip and propel you forward? (I'm not talking spinning here).

There is no room for error - not even in the slightest - and that's not exactly fun or enjoyable. Especially given the fact this is an arcade racing game, not a simulation game. Even in a sim, minor errors aren't going to cost you the race...you hit the corner a bit fast, slow down a bit too much aren't going to guarantee you lose the race - if anything, they add a few tenths of a second onto your time.

I know what you mean, they want you to play the game exactly as they meant it to be played, you have absolutely no room for creativity.

Basically its a cheap racing game by a cheap, very unclassy Game Studio, Asobo Studios.

When I lost my first event after coming second and saw the exclamatory remark...

"Try HARDER or FAIL Forever"

I had a fair bit of idea how the rest of the game would perform.

Yeah Forever, you would Fail Forever, rofl, so cheap and cheesy, grow up Asobo.

Edited by Shuriken

The only thing really difficult in this game was figuring out how to get the underground brotherhood achievement.

None of the challeges or career races are especially taxing. Even the tougher ones only require 5, maybe 6, run throughs before you get the hang of them. And now with the use any vehicle glitch it's even easier.

The Damocles race took me 4 attempts, and as it's a timed challenge you can't even call it cheap. It's not a particularly difficult course to navigate and even braking isn't an issue. It is all about experimenting with your line and knowing which checkpoint you're aiming for next. It may be that you need to do it perfectly, but if I can do it so quickly I'd have to say perfection isn't that difficult to achieve.

The only thing really difficult in this game was figuring out how to get the underground brotherhood achievement.

None of the challeges or career races are especially taxing. Even the tougher ones only require 5, maybe 6, run throughs before you get the hang of them. And now with the use any vehicle glitch it's even easier.

The Damocles race took me 4 attempts, and as it's a timed challenge you can't even call it cheap. It's not a particularly difficult course to navigate and even braking isn't an issue. It is all about experimenting with your line and knowing which checkpoint you're aiming for next. It may be that you need to do it perfectly, but if I can do it so quickly I'd have to say perfection isn't that difficult to achieve.

Or perhaps it was luck? :p

My problem with it is the fact that there is ZERO room for error and even after knowing what to do, a tiny little insignificant and relatively meaningless drop in speed means game over. There is NO OTHER challenge like this in the entire game and that's why I have such a problem with it. Granted, after practice one can complete it (I still haven't), it's just not really fair to those individuals who picked up the game to play another quote on quote "mindless" arcade racer and end up getting stuck with such a frustrating challenge.

Or perhaps it was luck? :p

My problem with it is the fact that there is ZERO room for error and even after knowing what to do, a tiny little insignificant and relatively meaningless drop in speed means game over. There is NO OTHER challenge like this in the entire game and that's why I have such a problem with it. Granted, after practice one can complete it (I still haven't), it's just not really fair to those individuals who picked up the game to play another quote on quote "mindless" arcade racer and end up getting stuck with such a frustrating challenge.

I live a life devoid of luck. :mad:

There are plenty of timed checkpoint challenges in the game (some of which were much tougher than this one w/o the any vehicle glitch). And if you have a real problem why not just skip it? Achievement hunting can ruin a perfectly good game and spoil the fun.

Anyway, if you can't let it go just plug away, I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

I just beat this challenge with a time of - 1:02.33

:woop:

I actually did better than the guy in the video I posted, 11 milliseconds faster. I surprised myself!

Won after trying it about 10 times.

The secret to winning this one is not skidding when heading for checkpoint 4 as its a sharp turn and then from there onwards passing really close to the checkpoint flag nearest to the turn you're taking. There is one more checkpoint further down though where you shouldn't pass close to the flag as the next one is at an acute angle, so try to give the dragster some room for the turn to avoid skidding.

Edited by Shuriken

LOL, i didn't really have a problem with this challenge.

I did it in 1:02:34

But i have a problem with the chopper chase in Pinwheels Ridge Camp or the other camp in the bottem left corner, i don't remember.

You start at the top of a mountain trail with a muscle car and that just sucks. I can't even come close to the chopper, what can I do? :confused:

LOL, i didn't really have a problem with this challenge.

I did it in 1:02:34

But i have a problem with the chopper chase in Pinwheels Ridge Camp or the other camp in the bottem left corner, i don't remember.

You start at the top of a mountain trail with a muscle car and that just sucks. I can't even come close to the chopper, what can I do? :confused:

Use the "Use any vehicle" cheat. Search for it if you already do not know about it on these forums.