Does this run on NTSC-US/C 360s?

jqtaxpayer

• 2 weeks later...
Play-Asia.com has a compatibility list of imports that will play on NTSC-UC consoles. Aparrently the lock is done through software rather than the 360 hardware.

There are two ways to lock a region, on the device or on the disk. As long as one or the other is region free than you can play whatever. This goes for dvds as well. If you import Asian dvds they will not play on your normal at Best Buy dvd player, but you can purchase modded dvd players (twice as much) that removes the region encoded on the player itself, thus allow you to play dvds from any region. The benefit, aside from the obvious library expansion, is that Asian region software/dvds are often much cheaper.

All 360s have a region (although I'm sure you can find someone/somewhere that has figured out how to hack it), but not all software. So the list you see on Play-Asia (used to be awesome list on Wikipedia but some jackass kept deleting it) is strictly regarding the software. PS3 & all Nintendo handhelds are region free. So you can buy any software, regardless of region and play it fine. One time on Major Nelson's podcast he was trying to clarify region encoding but was trying so hard to keep the company line that he made it even more confusing. He said "technically the 360 is region free". Somehow the fact that developers could make the software region free, allowing you to play any game on the 360, was enough to declare the 360 region free. Wrong, he was just trying to keep pace with Sony on this one.

It's worth noting since it may not be clear to everyone, that just because your 360 can play a game developed for another region, doesn't mean there was any localization. So you might not be able to read anything when you get it ;) And if you want to import Asian dvds, the language options are usually Mandarin and Cantonese, but almost always have English subtitles. You have to be careful when you order to read exactly what is available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
He said on his podcast that he went "down to the labs" and played it because he was curious. Far as I know, it's still not coming. I did just get it though so I can now goof off with it!

How difficult are the menus to navigate?. I've played my fair share of imports in the past but it seems like this one requires alot of reading of Japanese and i have no skills what-so-evar!

How difficult are the menus to navigate?. I've played my fair share of imports in the past but it seems like this one requires alot of reading of Japanese and i have no skills what-so-evar!

There are pictures for everything, and the menu is short so it's not hard. This "game" blows though and I can't tell you enough to stay away from it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
some pple said u might get banned for doing that...any comments on that?

Nope, doesnt happen. There is no reason that you can't play from other regions NOR isn't against the terms of service MS has laid out.

If that were to happen I guess most of the top of the leaderboards would disappear as they all have played multi-region games.

I was hoping there was a demo for Aquazone and made a silver Japan account. The only decent exclusive content I found on the Japan marketplace was the Retail Raiden Demo.

There is stuff for Aquazone on the Japanese marketplace, and you need it to attempt to get the 1000 in Aquazone, if you have it. Really though its not very good.

• 11 months later...

wait, are you saying then that you cannot actually get the 1000 points the disc ships with unless you buy and download new content? I'm pretty sure that goes against Microsoft's policy. I've got this game coming in the mail... really hope they don't expect me to buy more content in order to get the 1000 every retail game must ship with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
There is stuff for Aquazone on the Japanese marketplace, and you need it to attempt to get the 1000 in Aquazone, if you have it. Really though its not very good.

I really want this game I was thinking about getting an NTSC/J console for this and some other games like Tetris GM.

So do you have to buy the DLC for this to get 1k? If so thats gay. But I still won't this game.

• 2 months later...
I really want this game I was thinking about getting an NTSC/J console for this and some other games like Tetris GM.

So do you have to buy the DLC for this to get 1k? If so thats gay. But I still won't this game.

Sorry, late response to your post. Yes you would need to buy the DLC to get 1k. There has been some evidence that even with the DLC that some of the achievements are glitched so you can only get around 900/1000 in the game. I'm waiting to get more proof on that statement though.