Submission of the Night?

start a career in lightweight.

Make you takedowns up to 30 to begin and finish the first fight.

you're first ufc fight you'll wanna spar all the weeks you can before it.

Make sure you have wrestling. So you can slam from open guard down.

Don't throw a punch or kick, just slam until his stamina is in red and you've rocked him about twice it's okay if it goes to the next round, rock him a few more times. make sure you only slam your partner in sparring too.

Get your sub off to about 55-60 by the first fight, only slam no punches, and if you dont have world class grappler you'll get that achievement as well, and SOTN should pop up on the first fight, happened to me, 4 times in a row.

get to any position that you can submit them from and block a couple transitions after slamming away most of their stamina... then hold back on the RS. when their stamina gets extremely low(the colored portion that drains when you hit and such not the whole bar) go for the submission if they run out of stamina you'll usually get the sub

Don't throw a punch or kick, just slam until his stamina is in red and you've rocked him about twice it's okay if it goes to the next round, rock him a few more times. make sure you only slam your partner in sparring too.

Get your sub off to about 55-60 by the first fight, only slam no punches, and if you dont have world class grappler you'll get that achievement as well, and SOTN should pop up on the first fight, happened to me, 4 times in a row.

Did this 5 or 6 times in a row never worked

Tried this and it worked first time. I had tried several other suggestions, but this one really did work the first time for me. The key was not throwing any punches or kicks and making sure the opponent was VERY tired. I didn't even get the submission in the first round and it still popped.

Thought it was a longshot but this strategy worked for me! Cheers man!

There was a rumor that it had to be done within the first 3 minutes of the first round. Which is coincidentally how I got it in one of my careers.

But this method of no strikes, and still submitting in the 2nd round works?

My most recent career I have 3 submissions already, but all came in the 2nd round, after throwing strikes and slams throughout the first round.

This worked for me - what the guy said above.

Be a wrestler/Judo, and just keep on throwing them down on the ground... gas them 4 times, then while hes gassed the 4th time, go for the sub. DONT THROW ANY PUNCHES!!! THIS IS GARUNTEED TO WORK I GOT SUB OF THE NIGHT 3 TIMES IN A ROW WITH THIS. I got the sub with my Submission rating at 35. It doesnt really matter how high your rating is. Even though in the update, their making it easIER to get submissions on the computer.

I got mine again. A few tips are:

• Concentrate on Sparring and building up your Sub offense and Takedown offense first to roughly 70 or so.
  • Attempt this as early in your career as possible. It's difficult to do this once you're the champ or Top 5 ranked.
  • Do wrestling slams throughout the first round and don't throw any strikes whatsoever.
  • In the 2nd round, continue slams until his stamina is low enough, and then go for the submission.

I actually submitted him on my 2nd attempt, but still got Submission of the Night.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Worked for me, the first fight. Offensive Submissions was 60 and Offensive Takedowns was like 40 something. Rocked him twice in the first round and submitted him with about 17 seconds left in the first.

As a bonus, I also got Fight of the Night with that one.

Edited by midnight1985