"Failed to connect to EA online"

JamKaBlam

*Sigh*, i really dislike EA and now i keep getting this stupid message when i want to try and atleast play this game.

Do i have to make an "EA" account or something?

All i get to play is the tutorial and that's getting old fast...

I quit from a match after it ended and no when trying to go into a new one after a break it decides to keep saying "We couldn't find any games, please try again." or "The game appears to be unavailable, please try again." Hopefully they are fixing something behind the scenes that is making this happen, and they need to hurry up.

Here is a link to the offical updates currectly being made http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-bad-news.html

they're saying there are to many people trying to connect that it has flooded the servers. if you get lucky and someone leaves you might happen to have good timing and get in. good news is they are currectly working to add extra servers to the game! lets just hope its soon.

Edit: Thanks for that link, so it seems then that aswell as adding more servers there is also a seperate issue regarding this whole EA online thing. Hope it gets sorted soon, i haven't even managed to try this game out yet >_>

Edited by JamKaBlam

Well that's all good and dandy but i can't get past this "Failed to connect to EA online" screen. I can't even get to the search for games or anything like that.

Also that link is invalid.

Yeah, you need an EA account to play. I had to create one when I bought battlefield 2. Was a while ago but I think you then need to link it to your xbox live account? *I think*

https://profile.ea.com/acctcreate.do

"Failed To Connect To EA Servers Online"...

Like this is ANY DIFFERENT from ANY Battlefield Game Made, EA Have and Will ALWAYS have MAJOR server problems iv bought this (Have'nt played it yet though) But have got the feeling that it isnt going to be pleasent waiting for a server to become ready

PMSL:Bounce:

I'm going to try that FaceBreaker thing, currently have it downloading. I can't even get into searching because of this. Is this part of the current issue or is it a completely different problem? I can't log in or create the "account". Why is this? What am I doing wrong? Is it part of this problem that is going on? I'm so confused. I feel like I just wasted 1200 MSP.

You need to have made an EA account on the EA web site then link your XBL gamertag to it.

Unfortunately I've done this and it doesn't work for me as something went dodgy with it a few months ago. I had it linked up for mirrors edge and it worked fine. Then I tried logging in one day in mirrors edge and it wouldn't. Then I got Bad Company and I couldn't view any stats online or update my veterancy in game.

This was annoying but not a huge problem. But BF1943 requires you to have a linked tag to play. Now because that's not working for me I can't play this game at all so I have wasted 1200 points so far. Not impressed at all, I don't see why you need to be logged into your EA account to play this when it doesn't require it for BFBC yet still tracks stats on the web site and stuff.

I've e-mailed EA about getting them to fix this problem for me but nothing has come back to me yet.

Well i've made an EA account (ugh) and just for a test i tried the Battlefield Bad Company multiplayer and i hooked up to that a-okay. But this game is still saying "Failed to connect" no matter how many damn times i retry.

This is ri-god-damn-diculous. So far a waste of money....

Edit:

Hooray. I only had to make another new account to finally get past this screen. I'm one step closer to playing this thing. :woop:

Edited by JamKaBlam

Is anybody still getting the error?

"Failed To Connect To EA Servers Online"

I still get it every single time I try to play. I haven't been able to play one game of it, having tried every day since wednesday. I haven't bought it yet as I can't even play the trial! I thought the problems were mostly sorted!

Any advice anyone can give? I've redownloaded the game just incase, but it didn't help. I'm going to have to go back to Bad Company soon as this is really pissing me off! :(

I would recommend making a brand new EA account and linking it to your Gamertag. That's what i did and it worked instantly.

OK I finally got it working. If I'd have known I needed to do it like this, I could've done it and been playing it on wednesday. Nice one EA, you total douches! Anyway, I did a bit of research, and I found a suggestion that ended up allowing it to work. Basically it was to do with tying your gamertag to an 'EA account'. Bloody stupid really - why can't Battlefield set one up itself? :confused:

OK so for anyone else still having trouble with this message, here is what to do:

- Download the Fight Night Round 4 demo.

- On the main menu, pick then option to set up an EA Online account.

- Go through the steps, making sure it has your email address that's tied to your gamertag.

- When it tells you it's all set up, exit the demo.

- Load up BF1943 - it will now work!

That's it. Unbelievably stupid on EA's part really, but I guess that's EA for you.

NOTE: You can use other EA titles to do this - Burnout Revenge was one mentioned but I figured the FNR4 demo was the best to list being as anyone can grab that for free. You're supposed to be able to sign up for an EA Online account on their website, but there seemed to be several reports of that not working, so the above method seems to be the best... ;)