Predator Challenge Rooms Guide

DivinityCycle

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per Three for Three on Silent Knight Extreme: Based on the description given, even beating the times listed, I couldn't get all three guys to be standing next to the explosive walls at the same time. The real problem was the guy in the room that you put the detonator gel on the ceiling, because just after the one minute mark he walks out.

The solution I came up with follows this guide exactly, until you plant your third wall charge. You grapple up the top of that wall and then you're supposed to Line Launch across the room. BEFORE you line launch, turn to look into the room with the explosive ceiling and quickly batarang that guy. No one will notice and it will buy you the extra few seconds you need. Follow the rest of the guide as written.

Here's the way I did it, and it worked all 3 or 4 times I tried it, for anyone who's having trouble.

Instead of going in the grate first, head out of the room and go up the ladder. Grapple to the roof of the place with the explodable ceiling and put the stuff there. Then use the line gun to go to the other room and put the gel there as well. Line gun back to the first building, and jump down to the bottom floor then go for the grate, remove it and put the gel on the last wall. If you do this than by the time you come back out of the vent there should be a guy just heading into the room with the explodable ceiling. Then just throw the sonic batarang in place and wait for the guy. I think this is the best way to do it because there are no waiting times and if you do it without any mistakes then there isn't any guards in your way.

#7-Survival Tactics (Extreme)

Kick Off:"Use the Line Launcher to kick a henchman off an edge and knock him out." I pretty much just sneaked up behind one of the guys on the raised side walkways and then fired the Line Launcher right before he hits the stairs. I found that to be the easiest / fastest way.

I couldn't ever get this strategy to work, spent over 30 minutes on this challenge just trying to get "Kick Off", but I found another way that I thought I'd share.

First, I got it down to a smaller number of enemies, it would probably work with a larger group too, it's just harder to escape afterward.

I went to the area where you first started, the enemies have to climb up the ladder's to get up there, and there are two small railings next to each ladder as well.

When the closest guy was on the right I threw a Sonic Batarang right in front of the left side railing (if the closest guy is on the left throw to the right rail, I just did it this way to make sure he ran up to it and didn't stop next to the ladder instead of the rail) and hide behind a pillar. Wait for the guy to stand on top of the Sonic Batarang and then Line Launch him over the small railing.

Got it my first try using this method.

Also, great guide, very helpful in getting a few of those really tricky ones. Thanks for the writeup.

Thanks for the guide Divinity, I only needed help with silent knight (extreme) and invisible predator (extreme) but your guide helped me get past those and get my achievement. It took me about 20 tries to get the tug of war challenge though because some of the henchmen would randomly go off in different directions after they noticed the wall and sometimes some of the henchmen wouldn't even go look at it.

All credits goes for this youtuber lol Y2KFrusty

Survival tactic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GORGk21zic&feature=channel

Record Breaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amc-VaYZrI0&feature=channel

Silent Knight i found this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdsUBreBmmk

Invisible Predator extreme this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gfrUOIwjwo&feature=channel

Silent Knight Extreme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdsUBreBmmk&feature=channel

There are a lot of mistakes but watch them and learn. :p

Edited by Deadly

As per Three for Three on Silent Knight Extreme: Based on the description given, even beating the times listed, I couldn't get all three guys to be standing next to the explosive walls at the same time. The real problem was the guy in the room that you put the detonator gel on the ceiling, because just after the one minute mark he walks out.

The solution I came up with follows this guide exactly, until you plant your third wall charge. You grapple up the top of that wall and then you're supposed to Line Launch across the room. BEFORE you line launch, turn to look into the room with the explosive ceiling and quickly batarang that guy. No one will notice and it will buy you the extra few seconds you need. Follow the rest of the guide as written.

Genius:locked

If you want to stick a video in to your handy guide DivinityCycle, you can use this video I made of a very quick method of doing all objectives on Invisible Predator EXTREME.

(Note: I didn't think up the strategy so don't compliment me on it, just showing it to those who need to see it in motion).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLYUolS-VZo]YouTube - Batman: Arkham Asylum Challenge Invisible Predator (EXTREME) [HD][/ame]

may be a silly question but how you smash through the ceiling glass for the "Smash Landing" Predator Medal?

Obviously it has to be at the shack in the middle of the area but I can't seem to land on it with enough force to bust through. What's the trick?

Edit: Never mind Figured it out. you just need to stand on the glass and then you get a Y prompt to bust through when a goon walks underneath

Edited by DarthSoth

Ok but witch ones. Is it takeing pictures or is it collecting the riddler signs

It's probably the picture ones. I don't really know, but it comes up on the screen whenever you unlock one. If you look at the Riddler Challenge screen after pressing "BACK" on the controller, some of the challenges have little keys next to them. Those are the ones that unlock stuff.

I'm new here. Thanks for the guide, helped alot. I found an easier way to get the chain reaction medal from the Record Breaker (Extreme) challenge and I finished in 1:32 with all 3 medals, here's the link.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnMo8g-Vvuk]YouTube - Batman Arkham Asylum - Record Breaker Extreme Predator Challenge[/ame]

Edited by zafiros bonitos

in the interest of saving space, i ask this here even though i'm not sure it's the best way to get the fastest answer.

anywho, i'm doing the challenge where you have to take out 3 dudes, 3 walls. now, my problem, the bottom wall, where you have to throw the sonic bat-a-rang to attract the dude, just keeps stunning him.

I've moved the sonic and the blast all over, but nothing ever changes. Help a brother out!

(i posted this in a different thread, but was aimed here by a helpful user)

in the interest of saving space, i ask this here even though i'm not sure it's the best way to get the fastest answer.

anywho, i'm doing the challenge where you have to take out 3 dudes, 3 walls. now, my problem, the bottom wall, where you have to throw the sonic bat-a-rang to attract the dude, just keeps stunning him.

I've moved the sonic and the blast all over, but nothing ever changes. Help a brother out!

(i posted this in a different thread, but was aimed here by a helpful user)

All I can say is to make sure you throw the Sonic Batarang as close to the wall as possible... I guess you're just getting unlucky in that he's not going close enough to the wall.

All I can say is to make sure you throw the Sonic Batarang as close to the wall as possible... I guess you're just getting unlucky in that he's not going close enough to the wall.

man, i've thrown it right on the gel, up in the far corner of the room (so he physically enters the room), on the chair in the room, down in the far corner. everywhere. I'm not sure what to do.

#4 Silent Predator - I'm 9th in the world because I did it this way.

Right when you start, select explosive gel and spray in on the stairs that are right in front of you. Sprint down the stairs and jump down the vent, they will shoot at you. Follow the vent to your right and plant explosive gel on the wall. There should be 4-6 henchman by the wall. Blow it up. When a henchman walks by, jump out of the vent and silent takedown him. Take down the remaining guys and wellah! I did it in 0:56 seconds. :D

how do you do a glide kick without being on a gargoyle? ive never gotten the option when standing on a building. does it have to be a tall building?

Just stand near the edge and wait for the blue bat symbol over the guys head. The enemy will have to be not too close but not too far away for it to work. For the extreme challenge in the medical building its not a good idea to get on a gargoyle so I stood on the building where the ceiling is explodable. Just be sure the enemy is not too close to the ledge cause batman will kick him over the ledge and you wont be able to do a ground takedown which is required for the challenge.