How many of you can actually finish Shock and Awe (Extreme)?

HamKet

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I managed to finish round 4 I ended up with 29800 points.

I don't have to tell you how annoying that was.

But I didn't have too much trouble beating it again; I actually had more trouble on rumble in the jungle.

:o the exact same thing happened to me. I was looking at the score and i was releaved that i was about 500 points away then i did an instant takedown and i finished with 29600 odd and had 250 for the variation. Was not impressed :p. It is nice to have done it eventually though.

I got it a while back.

The moment I remeber was when I punched the last guy in round 4 with just over 30k screaming at the television only to notice a few moments later that I was still short about a few milliseconds.

In my opnion, if you know what to do and how to quickly beat down the enemies, this can be done in a few tries each time. But until you get there, it will a take a good chunk of your spare time ;p

Holy F*ckin F*ck!!! I can't believe I finally passed this shit!!! Its all about the timing of the critical strikes. I figured that out and racked up 54445 and 146 on the leaderboard. That is fuckin unbelievable for me. Its a total can do so just figure out the timing to get criticals every time and use throw outs or takedowns as soon as you can, just like everyone else has already said. Batclaw followed immediately by combo rangs is a great crowd clearer. Shock and awe extreme I never want to see you again!

i'd like to poke the makers of the game really hard in the forehead!! Ive done all other challenges without too much of a problem but shock & awe extreme is a pain in the bastard! These challenges are furiously frustrating enough without having to do it to a fucking clock!! .... as you can tell this is pissing me off a lot!!! haha

i'd like to poke the makers of the game really hard in the forehead!! Ive done all other challenges without too much of a problem but shock & awe extreme is a pain in the bastard! These challenges are furiously frustrating enough without having to do it to a fucking clock!! .... as you can tell this is pissing me off a lot!!! haha

I spent a few hours on shock & awe extreme last night ... oh my god!! Not since the days of early Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) & the SNES have i found something so infuriating!! I wanted to throw my pad at the screen! On my last try before bed i did it!!! Im so happy it was so close though!! the screen was pretty much black when batman was doin his slow mo ... dont even think i saw his fist connect lol. That is the ONLY time i have beaten the clock! Anyway im now part of the perfect night club!! Ive 1000K on Batman!

i can understand people finding shock and awe hard as there is a time limit... i still cant do it... but rumble in the jungle? im not great at the challenges but i did this easier than some of the normal challenges... The combo goes sky high on the back on a henchmen... just keep the combo going hitting every one in the way and hit the opposite henchmen and jump straight on his back after...

It took me a surprisingly few amount of times, not because i'm amazing or anything, quite the contrary, it took me forever to get decent at the combat system. I got really lucky cause I managed to prevent any of the thugs from getting to the gun case, or even leaving the main rumbe area. Perhaps that's the trick...:confused:

I did all of the combat challenges this afternoon after completing the story on hard. I found it pretty easy after getting used to the timing of the comby system.

For Shock and Awe (Extreme) I needed only two tries but i spent over 2 hours to get 50k on Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme). Beside that map i expected the combat challenges way harder after reading all the posts here.

Most important thing to rule the combat challenges: Don't spam X.

Now im going for the predator challenges - awesome game.

I managed to get them after what felt like an obscene number of attempts and time, but actually really wasn't. As stated before, just get a really good score for Round 1, a decent score for Round 2, and focus on surviving and quick elimination for Rounds 3 & 4, particularly Round 4. Same holds true for RITH(E), just without the focus on quick eliminations since there's no time limit to worry about. Get a highish multiplier before mounting the first Titan, continue the combo when you're thrown off and making your way to the second. Rinse and repeat.

YES! Just done it! I'd got the points and run out of time about 10 times, just finished it with 30020 points! Last hit was well after the time as well! To everyone still struggling just stick with it, I was close to giving up after a few tries but got it eventually. My main strategy was just to use my instant takedowns as soon as possible of enemies with knives/stun rods. Now onto the stealth challenges!

I just got passed the challeged a little while ago. It is easy to get 30,000 points, the hard part is surviving the 4th round. My advice for the 4th round is this: Don't start out with a batclaw, don't aim for points (You should have all the metals by now, your object is to survive), don't waste time with gun lockers they will have to come down to get you, and finally, use instant takedowns on guys with batons and knives the second you get them.

If you pass round 4 you will probaley be a second away from failure, that is how close it is.

SONOFABITCH!!!

I had a killer run in the first round (11k) only to blow it in the 2nd (3500).

Finished up the last two with ~7490 each.

29480. OUCH.

yet i cant get even over 22k on regular shock and awe!

EDIT:

am i the only person that gets highly peeved how people cant spell worth a shit on message boards?

Edited by thenixhex311

Yahoo!!! Just managed to get it. I was able to get 30K but just could never finish in time.

Also I just stayed in the starting area and Batclawed the goons at the start (assuming the electric poker guy is far away) and then Batarang'd the other goons - so with a few of them down it was easier to focus on bashing the regular goons and save a special move for the knife bastards and the electric poker guys.

I will not be coming back to this challenge anytime soon.

Yahoo!!! Just managed to get it. I was able to get 30K but just could never finish in time.

Also I just stayed in the starting area and Batclawed the goons at the start (assuming the electric poker guy is far away) and then Batarang'd the other goons - so with a few of them down it was easier to focus on bashing the regular goons and save a special move for the knife bastards and the electric poker guys.

I will not be coming back to this challenge anytime soon.

Congratulations. Whenever I tried batclawing those guys, the stun baton thug always gets to tase me whenever I pull him in. So I never resorted to that.

i just finished it and earned the perfect knight achievement. i saved S&A:E for last since everyone said it was by far the hardest, but i didnt have as much trouble as i thought i would have. i was somehow able to get 21,000 on the second round alone and got 9,000 on the first round, so i was able to just focus on killing and not worry about getting a higher combo or variation bonus in the last 2 rounds.

all i did for the 3rd and 4th round was punch none stop. when i saw a (spidey sense) i pressed :ybut: and when i saw a red spidey sense i evaded :abut:. as soon as i got a combo of 5, i used it on the stunners/knivers. when i had time i used the batclaw and/or ground takedown. the batarang is actually quite useful to down 3 guys very quickly without becoming vulnerable for too long.